• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bl4ckSh33p

Lt. General
23 Badges
Apr 19, 2017
soft.bl4cksh33p.de
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
The subjugation always shows "doesn't like subject type". I tried a hive and a megacorp in different games. Is there any type AI likes? I didn't propose anything yet.

Is this just bad wording and it means it doesn't like to be a subject?

2f3d3932-4370-4302-aca6-9a5a59bf351c.png

The subjugation always shows "doesn't like subject type". I tried a hive and a megacorp in different games. Is there any type AI likes? I didn't propose anything yet.

Is this just bad wording and it means it doesn't like to be a subject?

View attachment 955031
For one you you have tense relations with them and therefore they aren't going going to like it. I would honestly try and doing it with an empire that likes you and see what happens. If you can't seem to figure any reasonable reason why it won't work then maybe your best bet is to open a support ticket to try and get some clarity. I maybe wrong but hope this helps.

The acceptance modifier of -1000 seems to be a lie but also truth. If you're equivalent in power (overall) it'll be there stating they wish to stay independent. If they are pathetic or inferior (overall) that modifier (for the most part) has been removed. It has no effect on the actual vassal contact as the vassal contact is based on your power to them, distance, and everything that's in the contract. So, personally, ignore that modifier and see if they'll accept your terms or not.

Now, if you're asking to be the vassal, of course it'll be there because certain authorities and governing ethics do not like having vassals. Most notably Democratic authorities with Egalitarian or Xenophile ethics. Those don't like vassals but, seem to like Bulwark Vassals. . . Had a game going where they proposed me becoming a bulwark

Edit: in regards to the -22 from terms, that is referring to your default terms. Oppressive, Balanced, or Benevolent. Each have their own setup and different authorities and ethics have their preferred terms

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: