• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How do you install the ICG? I have downloaded and extracted as said in the readme. I also installed Microsoft VM, but whenever I run patch.exe a black box appears then disappears. I am using the UK version of EU version 1.10 in Windows XP Pro.

Shewag said:
How do you install the ICG? I have downloaded and extracted as said in the readme. I also installed Microsoft VM, but whenever I run patch.exe a black box appears then disappears. I am using the UK version of EU version 1.10 in Windows XP Pro.

Isn´t that what´s supposed to happen?

Zuckergußgebäck said:
Isn´t that what´s supposed to happen?
Maybe but when I run ICGConfig.exe the same thing happens, and when I run the game and play the scenario all of the nations are mixed up, e.g. Moscow is in Italyand Bavaria is in the Crimea???

Shewag said:

IGC_FAQ said:
Q: IGCConfig.exe and Patch.exe do not work!
A: Make sure that:
- You extracted the IGC into your main EU folder.
- There are no write-protected files in your DB and Scenario folders.

Have you done this?

I know what he's talking about. Modern versions of JVM, including the crappy Microsoft version and Sun's, won't work. I had to get an older version of it before it would work at all... I just can't remember who sent it to me. I can try and upload it to a webspace for you, but I don't have access to one at the moment.

Xanthippus said:
I know what he's talking about. Modern versions of JVM, including the crappy Microsoft version and Sun's, won't work. I had to get an older version of it before it would work at all... I just can't remember who sent it to me. I can try and upload it to a webspace for you, but I don't have access to one at the moment.

Ah, yes of course - or one could use the link in the IGC thread to find versions of the file on the net
- http://www.filesearching.com/cgi-bin/s?q=msjavx86.exe&t=f

(I'll reword the post to make it clearer that you can't use the current version but indeed have to download the one mentioned in the post)

(edit: and thanks for the headsup :))

Nikolai II said:
Ah, yes of course - or one could use the link in the IGC thread to find versions of the file on the net
- http://www.filesearching.com/cgi-bin/s?q=msjavx86.exe&t=f

(I'll reword the post to make it clearer that you can't use the current version but indeed have to download the one mentioned in the post)

(edit: and thanks for the headsup :))

Thanx guys I will try that and let you know how it goes.

Shewag said:
Thanx guys I will try that and let you know how it goes.

That'd be good, I haven't actually tested to download one - but since I'm likely to reinstall IGC soon I might :)

Nikolai II said:
That'd be good, I haven't actually tested to download one - but since I'm likely to reinstall IGC soon I might :)

Ive found the problem guys, XP was automatically write-protecting my files even though I disabled it. I installed it in Windows 98 and it was fine. Thanx loadz everyone for all your help!!