• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there ever going to be one. Does Paradox not care about this part of their forum anymore? What is going on?
It's buried in the CK3 portion of the forum as a tab there rather than in with the rest of AARLand.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Alas, as far as I know still no word on whether CK3 AARland will ever be united with AARland proper. Mr. C. had no news for us last time she spoke on the matter, and there have been a handful of forum updates since without CK3 'returning' to the fold. Very sad.

• 2Like
Reactions:
It's a disgrace that the admins of the forums don't fix this yesterday.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Why did they move it? That makes zero sense. I did not even know you could click on the sub forums tab. It's not very clear that you could do that. I'm also guessing that lots of other people did not know you could do that too. It's like Paradox don't want people reading the AAR which are the best things on this forum.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Mr. Capiatlist has inquired about this in September, when CK 3 was just released and I have inquired again two or three weeks ago, whether the AARs will be transferred here.

The best advice I can give you all, is that you should message the admins about this (Castellon, TinyWiking, DebbieElla). Given enough messages, they'll be much faster and more eager to transfer the AAR-subforum, than if some moderators ask them a friendly question.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I don’t know whether anyone else had this, but I had a notification to do a survey about the forum earlier. I registered my displeasure with the separation of CK3 AARs that way too, so if anyone else has the chance maybe that’s a worthwhile Avenue?

• 2Like
Reactions:
I don’t know whether anyone else had this, but I had a notification to do a survey about the forum earlier. I registered my displeasure with the separation of CK3 AARs that way too, so if anyone else has the chance maybe that’s a worthwhile Avenue?
Yeah, me too. :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
So did I.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I added my voice to the cacophony of them...

Don’t worry they will just remove the current AAR, LP, Fanfiction section so we have to hunt for all of them.

Busting up AARLand would be like shooting themselves in the leg, really close to the femoral artery... they might survive, but they also might cause a wound accidentally that risks killing their product.

Busting up AARLand would be like shooting themselves in the leg, really close to the femoral artery... they might survive, but they also might cause a wound accidentally that risks killing their product.

I also think this works in that it would likely be a long, slow haemorrhage. Personally speaking I wouldn't leave straight away, or even at all, but after months of having to flit round looking out for new stuff to read…? I'd probably end up reading half of what I do now, and putting it bluntly I'd say I read more than most. The general punter would probably either just stay completely in their silo, or never find their way over in the first place. Terrible thought.

Reactions:
I don't think they want to separate all subsections in AARland. It's probably just not a priority so they don't care about this CK III issue.
Some devs know AARland because they used to read or post here when they were not employed by Paradox, but it's not the majority now. And I assume the admins of the forum never come here.

I don't think they want to separate all subsections in AARland. It's probably just not a priority so they don't care about this CK III issue.

I think the worry is more that this now becomes precedent, so every new game we have to lobby to get the AAR subforum nested in AARland. I don’t think AARland as is would actually be broken up. More than anything it would be too much work for questionable reward.

There was a proposal years ago (when Rome and/or Diplomacy came out) to put AARLand with OT, behind the registration wall. In other words, you'd have to own and register a Paradox game to see any AARs or comments about it. Furious argument and protest followed, which Paradox met with, "Huh?" Despite its use as an information and marketing tool, Paradox views AARLand as a forgotten appendix of an area they don't care about. At all.

Castellon was very good and very helpful at that time, and he kept carrying the battle back to Paradox despite being told, "Huh? What? Go away."

Eventually persistence won...

• 1Like
Reactions: