where are they getting this 49% country buff? South American countries have insane buffs..

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2019
20240501133450_1.jpg

rafeal franco gives a 15% defense bonus.
fuerzas armadas only gives 4% at this moment.

Where is the rest of the 20% coming from?

Im not sure what im missing here, but it really feels like alot of the military bonuses in South America are crazy over tuned. I wiped out brazil no problem, yet paraguay just gets a massive bonus for no reason i can see. Feels bad man.

• 1Like
Reactions:
To be able to sell the dlc they have to overbuff the nations, because let's be honest, who would buy the latin american dlcs? Well, latin americans, and most of them didn't mind not having a dlc before, so now they might only buy it if their nation is buffed enough to compete with Germany

Reactions:
supply situation there is rough

note that things like advisers also contribute to the "country" modifier in combat screen.

if you had decent damage you could de-org that even if they had 100,000 defense. you're looking for something like 2000-3000 soft attack damage at least rather than < 200 though

I wish they'd put in a toggle that would more realistically nerf these overbuffed nations when one is not playing them [and no one else is either]

Reactions:
My favourite overpowered south American DLC anecdote is that Chile has a focus where it's indigenous tribes path can unlock a 15% research speed boost.

Meanwhile the UK's "Colonial Elite" focus that is about encouraging the vast Empire to work together gets only 7%.

• 4Haha
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Power Creep plus out of control manpower.

My last game, Paraguay had 21 divisions in 1942. That was a tough nut to crack with the bonuses and terrain.

Reactions:
View attachment 1126577

rafeal franco gives a 15% defense bonus.
fuerzas armadas only gives 4% at this moment.

Where is the rest of the 20% coming from?

Im not sure what im missing here, but it really feels like alot of the military bonuses in South America are crazy over tuned. I wiped out brazil no problem, yet paraguay just gets a massive bonus for no reason i can see. Feels bad man.

That's Paraguay yeah? Click on the one of the two provinces in Paraguay and look at the province modifier. Paraguay has a bastard of a river navy in their core provinces and they're damn near impossible to beat. You simply beat them by drawing their forces out. Paraguay is an insanely good defensive redoubt but outside of their two core provinces they're weak as hell and easy to beat.

Reactions:
That's Paraguay yeah? Click on the one of the two provinces in Paraguay and look at the province modifier. Paraguay has a bastard of a river navy in their core provinces and they're damn near impossible to beat. You simply beat them by drawing their forces out. Paraguay is an insanely good defensive redoubt but outside of their two core provinces they're weak as hell and easy to beat.
Just to further clarify, this thing is why it's so hard to push Paraguay.

1714663946477.png

Attachments

• 1714663914674.png
    1714663914674.png
    76,8 KB · Views: 0
Reactions:
My favourite overpowered south American DLC anecdote is that Chile has a focus where it's indigenous tribes path can unlock a 15% research speed boost.

Meanwhile the UK's "Colonial Elite" focus that is about encouraging the vast Empire to work together gets only 7%.
I'd rather just have another research slot.

• 2Like
Reactions:

chile can surpass half of usa's tech rate with mapuche given the tech slot cap. not much more than that though. acting like chile gets a research advantage in this context is disingenuous...fully generic nations out-research dlc mapuche chile, as does literally every nation in the commonwealth

nothing marines can't handle

My last game, Paraguay had 21 divisions in 1942. That was a tough nut to crack with the bonuses and terrain.
you can do this with generic focus tree tannu tuva by 1942

Absolutely insane how strong some of these SA nations are.
considering totality of situation they're much weaker than major nations like always (which is reasonable). players compare some bonuses that barely do anything like "defense on core territory" (in this thread even showing a screenshot where that bonus is contributing exactly 0 to the situation lol), then don't even mention majors' mio/starting techs/other focus bonuses when making comparisons between capabilities.

Reactions:
considering totality of situation they're much weaker than major nations like always (which is reasonable). players compare some bonuses that barely do anything like "defense on core territory" (in this thread even showing a screenshot where that bonus is contributing exactly 0 to the situation lol), then don't even mention majors' mio/starting techs/other focus bonuses when making comparisons between capabilities.
OP was asking specifically where the 20% extra defence in his combat came from. Whilst yes it doesn't really do anything in the grand scheme of things for the nation's power other than making them a bit more annoying to invade unless you're already aware of the state modifier. Otherwise I agree.

Reactions:

yeah all of this is obvious to anyone who has played the game for a significant amount of time. i have almost 5k hours in the game. . None of that is relevent to the original post either.

please read what i was actually talking about next time.

also you mention that the bonus is contributing nothing in the photo, when its actually very much so in affect as im attacking their core territory.
you can do this with generic focus tree tannu tuva by 1942

so what? any country can spit out hundreds of 1 width cavalry, then convert into something useful. Its not hard nor rocket science.
nothing marines can't handle

Why would i spend the first 4 years of the game focusing on building units to fight one small country in the middle of S.A.?

huge waste of time and research. imo. Plus all the bonuses you already get for mountaineers is huge, plus if you are going for achieves you only need to invade spain. where marines are absolutely not needed.

You can easily win this war in a multitude of ways.

I was making my original post simply asking where the buffs were coming from.
chile can surpass half of usa's tech rate with mapuche given the tech slot cap. not much more than that though. acting like chile gets a research advantage in this context is disingenuous...fully generic nations out-research dlc mapuche chile, as does literally every nation in the commonwealth

This is also disingenuous as you dont take into account any of the spying system, nor any research bonuses provided by military xp.

Last edited:
Reactions:
This is also disingenuous as you dont take into account any of the spying system, nor any research bonuses provided by military xp.
No amount of spying, nor a 15% research boost will make up for only having 3 research slots in total. Given that each blueprint stealing operation will take like 6 months excluding losing infiltrated assets and having to redo that operation before doing another blueprint stealing, it helps but it won't offset it at all.

4 is workable but 3 is just painful unless you're Ethiopia, in which case you have neither the industry nor resources to produce much in the first place.

Chile has very few starting techs so you need to research basically everything you need for world conquest from scratch, and it will take at least 1 year for your 3rd research slot to even be available as Mapuche, on top of having very little manpower so you can't just brute force your way either.

Reactions:
please read what i was actually talking about next time.
i did so. your opening post talks about a defense modifier and simultaneously posts an image where the defense bonus is contributing exactly nothing, zero, nilch to the combats. literally no difference whether they have it or not in that situation.

also you mention that the bonus is contributing nothing in the photo, when its actually very much so in affect as im attacking their core territory.
???

you have a combined soft attack value between your 3 divisions of less than 200. it's currently night, but even in the day there is literally no difference if they have 500 defense or 500,000 defense with your attacks that low. you will do the exact same amount of damage (not much) and de-org because they're actually doing crits against you (their defense doesn't help that though, just your poor breakthrough).

so what? any country can spit out hundreds of 1 width cavalry, then convert into something useful. Its not hard nor rocket science.
there must be some semi-coherent standard for "overpowered" or "overtuned". something generic bottom feeder minors can reliably do regardless of tree can't be evidence that the tree is too good. not by itself.

Why would i spend the first 4 years of the game focusing on building units to fight one small country in the middle of S.A.?
why do you need 4 years to research marines 1? do you not build infantry kits or something? quoted statement is really strange lol

it's not clear how these things favor sa nations over commonwealth

there is nothing you can do with mapuche chile or even 4 slot nations to keep up with 5+ slot nation generally. math says no

yeah all of this is obvious to anyone who has played the game for a significant amount of time. i have almost 5k hours in the game. . None of that is relevent to the original post either.
maybe not so obvious, since you seem to believe defense is doing something meaningful in this situation!

Chile has very few starting techs so you need to research basically everything you need for world conquest from scratch, and it will take at least 1 year for your 3rd research slot to even be available as Mapuche, on top of having very little manpower so you can't just brute force your way either.
you can definitely play around it and wc as chile but the notion they somehow have a research *advantage* over other nations (including generics) is objectively incorrect and pretty absurd lol. 15% is, in fact, less than 60% or more :/

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.