When you blow up ammo is it still going to Blow the Mech or just the torso like in Beta?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Last known info was from the Backer Beta; ammo explosions damage only the location the ammo explosion takes place in, and causes a pilot injury.

HBS has made a point of wanting BattleMechs to be durable. Ammunition Explosions that gut more than one BattleMech location were identified early on as something in need of attention. Thus each location does indeed function as if it had CASE.

It should also be noted that if half the ammunition in an ammunition bin has been expended, there will be no explosion whatsoever. That BattleMech location will not be destroyed, only the bin itself will be destroyed. Other weapons or equipment in that BattleMech location will continue to function normally. If the weapon serviced by the destroyed ammunition bin, has a second bin, even the weapon itself may continue to function.

Pilots get injured when torsos are destroyed. I haven’t seen them get injured by ammo explosions unless the side torso was destroyed.

It should also be noted that if half the ammunition in an ammunition bin has been expended, there will be no explosion whatsoever. .

Are you sure about this?
It was my impression, that this was taken out when ammo-explosions turned out to be as much as non-existent.

Or was it only the "need to hit the ammo twice for an explosion to occur" that was taken out?

Are you sure about this?
It was my impression, that this was taken out when ammo-explosions turned out to be as much as non-existent.

Or was it only the "need to hit the ammo twice for an explosion to occur" that was taken out?
To the best of my knowledge it was in the game. The 2-hit requirement IIRC fell away.

Does a pilot take a hit for CT destruction? If not, it would add fuel to the fire in the CT ammo storage thread.
In the HBS version of the miner video you can see the COM does take an injury from the CT destruction and is the very first pop-up that shows, the side torso injury appears last. It's not for the knockdown either, as those say "Knockdown: Pilot Injury" when it happens.

We better have a astronomical Hit to kill ratio. I know it was five in Beta. It looks 4-5 in what the released so far in the game.

I think 3 hp pilots are going to be pretty common early in the campaign. I am thinking of exploiting that if we can see the opponents HP or maybe even gamble a bit. Anyways, alpha strike from the side as part of the first knockdown for 1 hp. Do not use called shots to leg the mech. Maybe use called shots to soften the leg or torso a bit. Let the mech stand up, alpha from the same side again hopefully taking off the leg for another pilot hp. Lastly, called shot to the weakened torso for the final hp of a rookie pilot. You can see that with a 4 hp pilot, it might be easier to just double leg the mech unless it is really big. If you are using a lot of SRM's you might catch a head hit now and then.

I think 3 hp pilots are going to be pretty common early in the campaign. I am thinking of exploiting that if we can see the opponents HP or maybe even gamble a bit. Anyways, alpha strike from the side as part of the first knockdown for 1 hp. Do not use called shots to leg the mech. Maybe use called shots to soften the leg or torso a bit. Let the mech stand up, alpha from the same side again hopefully taking off the leg for another pilot hp. Lastly, called shot to the weakened torso for the final hp of a rookie pilot. You can see that with a 4 hp pilot, it might be easier to just double leg the mech unless it is really big. If you are using a lot of SRM's you might catch a head hit now and then.
You're still blowing off both legs there. That's going to destroy the chassis and remove it from play.