• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, well, well, here I am behind my PC and completely sober - this can only mean one thing - an update! Wait, it also means that I`m not drinking, guess that`s two things then.

tuore & mayorqw: Thank You kind Sirs for Your patience! Btw, tuore, congratz, it seems You have grown a year older in the mean time :).

Now, let`s have a looky on all the fine screenshots, shall we?

hoi310c.jpg

Here are two important battles for two VP cities. Estonia has won the battle for Murmansk, but with this kind of horrific losses amongst our chefs and cooks, Estonia soon will be drained out of manpower.

hoi311.jpg

Another Pyrrhic victory! :mad: What are the russkies made of ?!?! Laminated steel ???

hoi312.jpg

Overview of the front in Karelia. The progression of our troops is slow, but steady.

hoi313.jpg

This section of the front is in a pretty good state, some envelopments and breakthroughs only make the picture more appealing :D.

hoi314.jpg

Things start to pick up on the Ukrainian front also ...

hoi315.jpg

Problems with supplies slow down the rate of movement in the Caucasus.

hoi316j.jpg

Some progress is made in Turkestan, but Sinkiang has sent its troops to aid the soviets in Uzbekistan, where there`s virtually no progress at all - our forces are a bit outnumbered, imho.

And now, a four-course treat of encirclements from The-Chef-In-Command :D.

hoi317w.jpg

Suck on this Purkaev!

hoi318k.jpg

The defenders of Leningrad are doomed! Another envelopment is also starting to take shape on the east coast of lake Peipsi.

hoi319.jpg

A dozen brigades of soviet soldiers trapped in West-Ukraine.

hoi320.jpg

And last, but not least, when the commies have been dealt with in Turkmenistan, some much needed troops are sent to beat the crap out of Sinkiang.

Food, anybody? Today you shall have a peek into the cuisine of the Azeri people. Will be serving Camel Gutabs and DJYZ-BYZ :D.

History:
"Gutab" (turnover) is a crunchy, fried dough with fillings inside. Try it with potato (kartov) or stomach meat (qarin) fillings and make sure to sprinkle lots of sumac spice with its astringent-acidic flavour. Or try a Gutab made from camel meat. This Azerbaijani dish used to be very popular in Baku up until the 1960s when the camels disappeared. Now there are only a few wild camels left in the region of Davachi, about three hours north of Baku on the Caspian coast.

gutab.jpg

DJYZ-BYZ

What goes in there:

140 gr. treated mutton guts;
60 gr. heart;
67 gr. liver;
60 gr. kidney;
50 gr. testicles;
50 gr. onions;
193 gr. potatoes;
15 gr. sheep fat;
5 gr. herbs;
1 gr. sumac;
0,1 gr. pepper;
salt;
100 gr. tomatoes in summer.

Preparation:
Cut clean guts into pieces 2-3 cm long. Cut liver, heart, kidney and testicles into pieces, pepper, salt and brown. Add onions, cubed and separately fried potatoes mix and bring to readiness. Sprinkle on herbs when serving. Serve sumac separately.

OMG:
People really shouldn`t be running around, castrating sheep and eating their sperm factories :eek:. Has anybody of you ever eaten a testicle? Maybe by accident? :confused:

A mere man does not eat testicles... accidentally.

What happened to the camels?

Since many of the folks of Azeri tribe DID eat testicles (the point here is not being, if they did it by accident or voluntarily, the point is that they ate testicles of camels), the wild camels in Azerbaijan went extinct (no reproductive organs - no reproduction - species goes extinct) :wacko:. Wow! That sounds like Charles Darwin :D.

Interesting... the AAR I mean, I wouldn't eat that for €100.
Now completely offtopic but I've always wondered... if the changes of Stalin are called Stalinisation, the changes of Mao is Maoisation, are the changes of Fidel Castro... Castration? :rofl:

Interesting... the AAR I mean, I wouldn't eat that for €100.
Now completely offtopic but I've always wondered... if the changes of Stalin are called Stalinisation, the changes of Mao is Maoisation, are the changes of Fidel Castro... Castration? :rofl:

Thats how he gained the respect of the yardies ;). Also why I'm not a commie.

Nice progress on the SU. I sure as hell would not eat that.

tuore:
Never thought of that ... this would mean all the cubans have been castrated ... poor bastards :D.

mayorqw:
I think the vast majority of people would pass on those testicles. Or pass out, that is :p.

peterhoi3:
Testicles aren`t that interesting after all, or did You mean something else ;).

Gankenstein:
I believe I have conquered the funny named province of Slutsk, probably should look for another prostitution-related province to claim - Bitchsk or Chernowhoresk :rofl:.

No update this weekend, but I have something else to post. Since Estonia is conquering The USSR and the majority of its inhabitants are russians, I`ll present to you a song by a local russian musician (about a third of Estonias inhabitants are russians) called KUI RASKE EESTIS OLLA This song pictures how the russians see us estonians and with some effort I`ve managed to translate it so-so from russian into english. ;) Enjoy!

...KUI RASKE EESTIS OLLA - KAK TRUDNO žIT V ESTONII...

We live in a cold land
Which name is Estonia
We beg for alms
When someone gives them to us
We are pretty important dudes in the EU
very important sirs indeed
There`s much to be proud of
We have our own water resources

Mmm... Kui raske Eestis olla
(It`s hard to live in Estonia)

There`s a joke about estonians
That we are slow thinkers