• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sep 28, 2010
It has been some days since I joined the forum. Never received an email that "has been sent", and no one at the Stony Road Forum bothers to reply to private messages sent regarding this issue.(Sent to Nighty x 2, Feanor x 2, and Dr. Rare) There do appear to be recent posts, including about this very subject, so does no one over there actually receive their messages, or just a wave of it happening to many people and I am in queue?
Really cannot wait to try what seems to be an excellent mod.
Thanks

For the record, my name over there is abneo3sierra, I see it says I am a member "online" but that does not do much good when all I can do is read how great the mod is, but cannot download it or post comments, etc. Have seen the comments in a recent thread by Dr Rare about the many members who never post etc, this probably could be examined as a reason for that, as I have seen welcomes now for some days to "newest members" and wondering if they are able to post, or if they are sitting there like myself, hoping someone reads,and having the other forum members think they are somehow the bad reasons for whatever DOS attack is being mentioned there, just because they do not post anything or share anything, probably because like myself, they cannot.
Forgive my growing lack of patience, but I just am not sure how long it can possibly take, and as we near the end of a week, I am thinking it takes an awfully long time.

Hello,
I just got a PM at stony as i am not online everyday.But i am unsure if you will get my reply due to the forums registration issue,which you are aware of.
They are aware of it and trying to fix it but no luck so far.
You could try PM'ing FeanorSR & N!ghtY and/or also leaving them visitor messages here at the P'dox site.
They should have the power to manually register you.
Sorry i am not much help.

There was a DOS attack that closed the site for a day and there were also issues with spam PM's being sent by spam members.N!ghtY is trying to fix things and has changed some of the security already.

I think the thread you might have read with my comments in complaining about the lack of posting etc is probably the Hoi1 Resistance one ,with goodies in it which only members can download which is Meant as a lure to make people join and is a few years old... Or its the recent one about the site issues with me complaining the the site will die if nobody can join because of the registration problem.

Yes i understand it must be annoying not being able to join currently and you are not the only one waiting to do so.
But also understand when you look at a number of your projects lurker downloaded 100's of times over years without a comment or thanks except for the decent few that it is also annoying when during that time people can & could easily join.

Do not think for one minute that i am sitting there dumb and oblivious complaining that nobody is posting when nobody can join,i am more than aware of the current recent situation.

If you check the next thread below this in this same forum you will see everybody else posting with the very same problem over the last few weeks and me trying in vain to help(there are also similar threads in Hoi1 section at P'dox and i get PM's everyday)....

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ney-road-sight-down..&p=12017606#post12017606

The admins with powers are not online everyday or paid, so we will have to wait and see.
I hope its worth the wait for you.

Dr

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply Dr Rare. I am perfectly willing to wait, now that I know there is action being taken. It is only annoying when one is not sure if there is even anything going on.
I am sure it will be worth it, and look forward to trying it out.
As a side note, I can completely understand how bothersome it would be, for those who put so much (unpaid!) work into creating things, and are not even given feedback and appreciation in return by those who use it. I do hope to be an active member, at least, until I deploy again.

Ron