What is the Trick to Forming Italian East Africa?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stug_Life

General
33 Badges
Apr 29, 2016
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2
1699345309258.png
I

I am a little confused, does Ethiopia need to be FULLY dead/defeated? Because I thought IEA existed with a continued Ethiopian presence abroad?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I usually do AOI after creating collaboration government in Ethiopia.
It usually takes a while, sometimes I only finish when Germany is about to start World War II.

Using PP and focus tree for bonus in Compliance. Colonial Police until February 1938, so I change for Civilian Oversight.
About Discredit Haile Selassie, I always use it every few months.

Maybe there are easier ways to do this, but I don't know.

The trick is to use the focus that splits the region into three puppets leaving you with occupation of only two regions. You supress the resistance with agents on two regions and focus on raising compliance (civilian oversight). Do the 25PP improvement of the two regions once they are over 60% compliance to get over the treshold to form a collaboration government. Once you do that, you can click the AIO. Doable in late 1938 early 1939.

You might as well release somalia and eritrea as puppets to save you some garrisons. Once you click the AIO, you will put them into single puppet with no PP cost and at least some free infra in the regions.

Reactions:
The trick is to use the focus that splits the region into three puppets leaving you with occupation of only two regions. You supress the resistance with agents on two regions and focus on raising compliance (civilian oversight). Do the 25PP improvement of the two regions once they are over 60% compliance to get over the treshold to form a collaboration government. Once you do that, you can click the AIO. Doable in late 1938 early 1939.

You might as well release somalia and eritrea as puppets to save you some garrisons. Once you click the AIO, you will put them into single puppet with no PP cost and at least some free infra in the regions.
Oh so you can create all the puppets and then once you click IOA then it just annexes all of them?

Exactly. You can be creative with that mechanics, and for example if you manage to capitulate ETH before exile, balkanize the country into 1-2 province states, each of them has extra resources/pop type/build slots options that improve that region.

Problem with AIO is that you cannot land lease weapons to your puppets before war, like it was the case in the past. Which means if needs to exist for months to get it's own units and you have to send pop there too.

In my last case I didn't use puppeted ETH at all, just the alternative countries.

Good about the AIO option is the fact it changes the government on the puppet when you form. So even If I were to make a move to be democratic, I will turn all this fascist ministates into democratic puppet for example.

Extra 8 steel/rubber/oil per region might not seem great. But once you annex the puppet, raise the complience again, get infra and colonial police bonus, it's not really that bad part of Africa, factory / resource wise. But that's 1943+ stuff. Especially if you get Grandi as leader with his factory/resource buff to non-core provinces.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions:
View attachment 1043555I

I am a little confused, does Ethiopia need to be FULLY dead/defeated? Because I thought IEA existed with a continued Ethiopian presence abroad?
I think I've figured it out. The requirement is to OWN all Ethiopian cores states, if Selassie has fled and you're still at war with the Ethiopian exile government then you don't actually own the territory instead only occupying it. There are decisions you can take after completing the focus Regional Development which make you the owner of the states allowing you to do the decision.

Reactions:
Yes indeed. If their leader flees he will still technically be at war with you. So defeat Ethiopia before he boards the train and goes into exile. Now for handling resistance/collaboration there are plenty of ways. I simply get in these colloboration leaders and build electricity

Yes indeed. If their leader flees he will still technically be at war with you. So defeat Ethiopia before he boards the train and goes into exile. Now for handling resistance/collaboration there are plenty of ways. I simply get in these colloboration leaders and build electricity
Do you do this for roleplay reasons? Just curious- I don't really see why you should develop Ethiopia over Libya- if you've run out of building slots and want to build in your colonies, it seems like a way better idea to me to build in Libya- Especially so with the crazy buffs Italo balbo can give Libya... not to mention you can improve infrastructure and building slots in areas producing resources like oil once you do the focus'
20240318162908_1.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: