What is the best Origin for abducting Xeno slaves?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dr. B

Field Marshal
44 Badges
Apr 13, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
So I want to abduct the Xeno to enslave, use, eat or torture, like a Dark Eldar, or Slaving Overlord. Playing kind of tall, having large home system(s) with many slaves and/or death camps.

Will need either Nihilistic Aquisition or to start as Barbaric Despoilers. Will also need to fight early wars, so need to be able to field a war machine quite early.

But I want a home system to stack a lot of Xeno organic slaves in, and then, an Origin that provides a place for all kind of species to live is needed. Of course only the master species will procreate.

Perhaps:
-Life Seeded
-Void Dwellers
-Remnants
-Shattered Ring
-??

These Origins give homeworld suited for subduing any Xeno. But what is best, and how to build the empire from there?

So I want to abduct the Xeno to enslave, use, eat or torture, like a Dark Eldar, or Slaving Overlord. Playing kind of tall, having large home system(s) with many slaves and/or death camps.

Will need either Nihilistic Aquisition or to start as Barbaric Despoilers. Will also need to fight early wars, so need to be able to field a war machine quite early.

But I want a home system to stack a lot of Xeno organic slaves in, and then, an Origin that provides a place for all kind of species to live is needed. Of course only the master species will procreate.

Perhaps:
-Life Seeded
-Void Dwellers
-Remnants
-Shattered Ring
-??

These Origins give homeworld suited for subduing any Xeno. But what is best, and how to build the empire from there?
Necrophage seems a good way to eat all your slaves. But maybe not fully on-theme.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Shattered ring has scrap miners, who help a lot with early wars and can be slaves later. Void dwellers isn’t so good for what you describe, since the ideal void dwellers slavery approach is probably to put the slaves on planets as resource gatherers and you want them in your home system. Life seeded is sort of bad shattered ring.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It could be a fun way to play, so I tested out the Necrophage.

Is it WAD that you retain the Stellar Shock modifier on invaded worlds after you have necropurged all the primitives??
Probably not, but I think it applies to all purgers.

It could be a fun way to play, so I tested out the Necrophage.

Is it WAD that you retain the Stellar Shock modifier on invaded worlds after you have necropurged all the primitives??
I recently found a short guide to necrophage, and it offered a few tips on this problem. Don't know where, but what I remember is this:
1. Abduct most of the pops before invading. That will reduce the effect of the shock
2. disable all jobs except enforcers, then resettle 1-2 pops to the planet to help with crime. Since your main pops have a much higher weight, this should shift approval to >40% (IIRC, only Battle Thrall slaves can work enforcer jobs, so an alternative would be keeping a small number of battle thralls for the specific purpose of stabilizing purged planets; however, you'd also need someone to take care of approval, and slaves are not good at that)
3. consider a deal with crime lords if needed

I recently found a short guide to necrophage, and it offered a few tips on this problem. Don't know where, but what I remember is this:
1. Abduct most of the pops before invading. That will reduce the effect of the shock
2. disable all jobs except enforcers, then resettle 1-2 pops to the planet to help with crime. Since your main pops have a much higher weight, this should shift approval to >40% (IIRC, only Battle Thrall slaves can work enforcer jobs, so an alternative would be keeping a small number of battle thralls for the specific purpose of stabilizing purged planets; however, you'd also need someone to take care of approval, and slaves are not good at that)
3. consider a deal with crime lords if needed
Yes, that is indeed good advice for managing a planet with Stellar Shock.

But what I do is just to initiate necropurging protocol the moment I take a primitive world, and quickly convert all the savages to the Master Race. You will not have any slaves, crime or stability problems then, just fresh new citizens.

Then we were left with a planet with only main species, that still has a long time Stellar Shock modifier. It does not seem right to me.

With extreme leap of fantasy, you can imagine that the new Necro pops are still savage in mind and need time to adjust to the new reality, but that is a stretch.