• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's Duke's pet project: an alternative history scenario, designed with emphasis on mp.

At least that's how I understand it. :)

I Killed Kenny said:
the alternative history is based in what events?

The starting setup is much much different than in real history, and there will be new fantasy monarchs and events to replace the historical ones.

I Killed Kenny said:
the alternative history is based in what events?
On no specific events, I believe. The idea, however, is that countries that histoically declined or collapsed remained around and became major powers, in place of the now much weaker or non-existent traditional powers.
It's based around the Aberration variant of Diplomacy, I believe.

Seriously, could some give a serious explanation of this? I'm confused... :confused:

Aberration is an alternate history scenario, in which the history starts to differ in various points. For example, for Finland it starts to differ in the 12th century rather radically (Swedish crusades fail and Finland becomes orthodox). For Byzantium the changes also begin in the 12th century and futher continue as the Fourth Crusade never happens. We will get alternate histories for all countries and show them in the country-description when you choose your country while starting Aberration. Some countries have totally fantasy monarchs and leaders (Finland), some have monarchs and leaders based on history, but going to fantasy quite soon (Byzantium, Brittany) and other countries have almost same monarchs as vanilla GC, but perhaps have different leaders. And at least all major countries have much new events, to make them majors. This scenario modifies only Europe though, so RotW is quite much the same as in vanilla GC. If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Woha, seems like this has become public, Will check out a welcome post asap.

Snin said:
It's based around the Aberration variant of Diplomacy, I believe.

Inspired, a bit. No strong Poland or Sicily in this one.:D

Well, easiest way, before we can get AD to post some screenies, is to download 15th march version of Aberration and look at the scen yourself. :D

Byakhiam said:
Aberration is an alternate history scenario, in which the history starts to differ in various points. For example, for Finland it starts to differ in the 12th century rather radically (Swedish crusades fail and Finland becomes orthodox).

Finland is in? Hallelujah :D

Byakhiam said:
Yes and with nice finnish names instead of silly swedish names. :D

Started reading a book on Finish history and I am loving those guys.

Sounds like an interesting scenario to me...

Singleton Mosby said:
Started reading a book on Finish history and I am loving those guys.

Sounds like an interesting scenario to me...

No no, my Civil War scenario is more for you... slowly walk out of here and don't look back... I don't wanna lose one of the main contributors in my mod threads... :D