• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

hodagacz

Private
18 Badges
Mar 3, 2013
  • Gettysburg
  • Impire
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • - New kinds of spawn points (Minotaur Labyrinths etc.)
  • - New Spells
  • - Improved Graphics
  • - Being able to look at the tech trees in game.

DISLIKES
  • - Clumsy UI Choices. Especially stacking the Alert Icons so you just cant see what's up this turn with a glance but have to click on the Icon to expand it every time. This also goes for the Quests in Progress Icon. I have 2 quests huh? What kind are they? Guess I have to click. Also the Alert Boxes are huge and the 'Accept'/'Refuse' Buttons are tiny in comparison. This is poor design.
  • - Glacially Slow AI turn resolution. I got used to being able to click through the AI's turns and get back to mine in a failure rapid fashion. Not any more. I don't do multiplayer so if this is because of the new multiplayer dynamic well that sucks.
  • - Optimum Amounts of Cities coupled with...
  • - Resource Caps for things like Foundries coupled with...
  • - Unrest

These three are the changes I like the least. I get most of my fun building cities and now it's actually detrimental. I also like having low-powered kitted out units rather than just a few heavy hitters. With the city and resource caps backed by the unrest mechanic the game quickly becomes almost unplayable for me. I am being forced to play in style I do not want to. My style may not win, but it is the style I enjoy playing and now the mechanics actively are leveraged against it.

The sad thing is the stuff I like (except for the graphics enhancements of course) could have been DLC for Warlock 1. I love the concept of Exiled mode and I am not upset that I had to buy a new game to get that or the graphics or any of my likes, but the dislikes are making it highly unlikely I'd buy a Warlock 3.

• - New kinds of spawn points (Minotaur Labyrinths etc.)
  • - New Spells
  • - Improved Graphics
  • - Being able to look at the tech trees in game.

DISLIKES
  • - Clumsy UI Choices.
  • - Optimum Amounts of Cities coupled with...
  • - Resource Caps for things like Foundries coupled with...
  • - Unrest
QUOTE]

I like the new city system including the number of special perks that can be added from each node. I have to experiment to see if a unit dies with a perk if you get it back from your nodes and will have to check that. The big thing for me now is that my units are a little less beefy on average because I save my perks for heroes and advanced units. With cities, we don't have to worry so much about spamming and upgrading cities. It is pretty much place and forget. I would like to see a city that takes advantage of nearby resources though but that might be overpowering. You make great points but I don't see them making a huge difference to gameplay other then all units getting perks and much more cities to manage.

Unrest is something I don't totally understand because I stick to the city limit and get all of the unrest reducing perks. So for me I don't even notice it.

Unrest is something I don't totally understand because I stick to the city limit and get all of the unrest reducing perks. So for me I don't even notice it.

If you don't at least destroy the farm you get from building most new cities, your build is probably too slow in mp.
Going 1 above the city limit is a no brainer. You just do it.
2 above the city limit is almost a decision. Almost. I always do it.