• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And just a few games ago people were agreeing that the doc is way overpowered. Not only does he stop a hunt, he will also cause the death of a wolf...

Regarding doc protection of cursed I've always rolled the doc's 50% save first and if that fails the cursed takes effect. I think that is how the nightly orders list says it should work but from a role playing perspective the doc save should really only work after an attack took place. Maybe we should change the nightly order list to reflect this?

Meh. I'd prefer a padre except in specific circumstances. Always getting a name when they visit the victim and the wolves not getting a chance to stop the reveal is more valuable in my eyes than stopping a hunt.

And if we're going by role play then yes, the doctor should come after the hunt.

I think all happycats being turned did was turn the game from a yellow victory to a red victory.

Arkasas was perfectly willing to sacrifice himself so that one team of baddies could win, when he suddenly got extremely lucky and hit a cursed... who happened to be the priest... who happened, as his last scan, to hit the last cultist in the game...

Well, less perfectly willing and more "I have no better ideas or options so I'll go along with this for now". Then, of course, my beloved happycats turned out to be cursed...

Incidentally, feel free to make a Big, happycats.

I wish I could hit you with a sweet role claim to ensure you that I'm totally with the village, but unfortunately alxeu did not give this vanillager even a chocolate swirl.

I would say you got a whole hot fudge sundae with caramel, whipped cream, sprinkles, and a cherry on top. :D

My vote count was accurate :mad:

So it wasn't Sleepy who did me in, then? I wasn't betrayed or anything... just next on the standing order?

Pity about the Zombies.

I would say you got a whole hot fudge sundae with caramel, whipped cream, sprinkles, and a cherry on top. :D

My vote count was accurate :mad:

So it wasn't Sleepy who did me in, then? I wasn't betrayed or anything... just next on the standing order?

Pity about the Zombies.

I did indeed.

I'm curious about your hunt as well.

And unfortunately zombies are a fact of life for holiday games

Alynkio got Standing Ordered.

Voyager "only" missed one night of seer scanning, but him doing absolutely nothing with the information I gave him, nor participating in the village, really hurt the village.

Then again, twice the person he scanned was hunted the very same night.

Can we see the order lists?

Can we see the order lists?

If you mean who planned what, when, sure. You'll have to give me a sec to compile all that, though.

I kept it kinda organized for a couple of days, but it soon fell into disorder, and I stopped maintaining it when night action roles started dropping like flies.

I have the first three nights on hand, easily:

Night 0:

Eternaly_Lost locks up Jacksonian Missionary

De Chat heals Health

Voyager scans Aedan

Audren seerish scans k-59

Aedan dies… but only after scanning an Apprentice, Alynkio!!!

Ike scans De Chatillon

Jeray sorc scans Hax

Curious Pack hunts aedan

Night 1:

Ramius and BlackCrown are lynched

E_L locks up Rovsea

De Chat heals Hax

BlackCrown wished to shoot Rovsea… but died before he could do that.

Fatalist Pack hunts Health – Hunter struggle triggers, killing Claude LC

Padre died that Day...

Ike scans Wagonlitz

Alynkio scans Audren, uses one-time Sorc scan on Happycats

Voyager scans Jeray

Night 2:

Audren is Lynched

E_L Arrested De Chatillon

De Chat arrested, wanted to protect Arkasas

Voyager scans Rovsea

Alynkio scans Happycats the Apprentice

Hax priestly scans jeray2000

Ike scans Rovsea

Wolves hunt Rovsea – OEO doesn’t trigger. :( (Sorry Rovsea)

Underlined/Bolded things were important events during the night.

Was the yellow standing order just the players in alphabetical order?

Nope, here is the standing order (at the time) below:

1. Alynkio
  2. Tamius23
  3. jeray2000
  4. Arkasas
  5. De Chatillon
  6. Tornadoli
  7. Sleepyhead as an environmentalist
  8. Hax as Dragonborn
  9. Happycats517 as Carl Jung
  10. Wagonlitz
  11. JacksonianMissionary
  12. DeathNoteForCutie
  13. Eternaly_Lost
  14. Emperor Ike as Fallout Boy
  15. Black_Griffin at the Obligatory Dog
  16. F72Voyager as Overseer Alphonse Almodovar
  17. k59 as President Adam West
Interestingly, the 2nd person on the list was cursed, the 3rd and 4th were Fatalist Pack members, and 5th was the Doctor.

Quite a strong, but random, list, but it left DeathNoteForCutie, and Eternaly_Lost near the bottom, and I only had to default to it once.

Nope, here is the standing order (at the time) below:

1. Alynkio
  2. Tamius23
  3. jeray2000
  4. Arkasas
  5. De Chatillon
  6. Tornadoli
  7. Sleepyhead as an environmentalist
  8. Hax as Dragonborn
  9. Happycats517 as Carl Jung
  10. Wagonlitz
  11. JacksonianMissionary
  12. DeathNoteForCutie
  13. Eternaly_Lost
  14. Emperor Ike as Fallout Boy
  15. Black_Griffin at the Obligatory Dog
  16. F72Voyager as Overseer Alphonse Almodovar
  17. k59 as President Adam West
Interestingly, the 2nd person on the list was cursed, the 3rd and 4th were Fatalist Pack members, and 5th was the Doctor.

Quite a strong, but random, list, but it left DeathNoteForCutie, and Eternaly_Lost near the bottom, and I only had to default to it once.

Ah. I assumed Aedan was a standing order as well which made me think it was alphabetical

Glad I got the win, even though I didn't participate as I wish I did. Thank you very much for GMing, alxeu!

Speaking of GMing, is anyone gonna fight me if I want to GM the next game

As I always say, do it!

When I GMed I had explicit protection layers ie GA->Doc-->Cursed/Blessed for the basic version. I think it could be an interasting twist to put the doc last. And the same RP logic about curses would apply to blessed players.

Werewolf CCXXIII - The Court of the Winter King
The Setting: For millennia, magic ruled our world in secret. The Fae, a race of magical creatures, used this magic to manipulate the mortal world and to kidnap humans and take them back to their realm as slaves. These humans that were kidnapped were known as changelings and they were molded to their Fae master's will to fit whatever purpose the Fae wished. This would have continued for many more millennia, if not for the fact that the magic in the world was seeping away and dying and with it, the Fae were dying as well. As a changeling yourself, you usually wouldn't be bothered much by this. You harbored no love for your master and when they ran off and left you behind you were happy to be rid of them and finally free. However in their place came the Winter King, an enigmatic figure who was ushering in the death of magic, along with his court and his packs of hunters and unfortunately for you he has declared all changelings a product of magic and, therefore, a blight to be destroyed. Due to the magic of the Fae, you remember little of your life under them and you especially struggle to remember who was also a former slave of your master. Because of this, the Winter King's agents have easily infiltrated your little village of former slaves and you need to root them out before they finish destroying it from the inside. To make matters even worse, the death of magic means you don't have access to the scanning magic the Fae were so fond of and thus have to rely on your stealth and wits to find the King's agents.

Hey everybody, come join the new big! It should be an interesting game as it lacks the traditional scanner roles and makes spies the main form of gaining information during the night. At the very least, it should be a change of pace from most bigs and I'm hoping for it to be an engaging game.