we have winter, why not the rainy season ?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

wolfFRdu64

Sergeant
36 Badges
Jun 22, 2021
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
i know it no evry where they are rainy season, but it's same for winther, so why no add it,

what it add for me : good crops

but more disease and some chance the river cannot be sailed

it is possible i don't have evry thing how can apen when a raining season

so what do you think ?

• 3Like
Reactions:
Given that Winter came in a Flavor Pack, Rain/Monsoon sounds like it's something that would be added in a relevant flavor pack. I agree it makes most sense with an Indian/SEA pack.

However, thinking a little bit more about game mechanics, Rain/Storms would seem to have a less direct impact than Winter. Winter has serious consequences for warfare/attrition. Rain (in Europe) would be much less so.

Things that rainfall would impact more would be sailing, which is not really implemented; or crops/flooding/drought, which would just be simple territory modifiers and not really noticeable to your gameplay.

I would also love to see more added to the game, and we will, but this particular idea would need some special impact to the mechanics to become a major part of a flavor pack.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I loved the monsoons in EU4. Just don't design it like the bad CK2 rain event that just randomly destroys your crap all the time.

The desert storms are cool in HoI4 too. Some kind of 'drought' mechanic would be interesting. Lowering levy and taxes and the possibility of losing some weight.

If pandemics are ever looked at again some kind of blight pandemic causing famine would also feel era appropriate.

• 2Like
Reactions:
i know it no evry where they are rainy season, but it's same for winther, so why no add it,

what it add for me : good crops

but more disease and some chance the river cannot be sailed

it is possible i don't have evry thing how can apen when a raining season

so what do you think ?
All year round for Irish provinces (bar the odd Tuesday in July. We call that summer)?

However, thinking a little bit more about game mechanics, Rain/Storms would seem to have a less direct impact than Winter. Winter has serious consequences for warfare/attrition. Rain (in Europe) would be much less so.
My flooded basement this spring would vehemently disagree.

Reactions:
Storms raising river levels causing people who can to be able to sail further up rivers, storms at sea causing army attrition when you go to war (a la Spanish Armarda despite that being later and CK3 not using ships to fight). I don't know if some of the longer-term effects of monsoons for instance (rivers actually changing course which happens naturally but floods can speed up), could be feasibly programmed into CK3. I rather doubt it and at best they would simply move a river from one side of a county to the other

• 1Like
Reactions:
Storms raising river levels causing people who can to be able to sail further up rivers, storms at sea causing army attrition when you go to war (a la Spanish Armarda despite that being later and CK3 not using ships to fight). I don't know if some of the longer-term effects of monsoons for instance (rivers actually changing course which happens naturally but floods can speed up), could be feasibly programmed into CK3. I rather doubt it and at best they would simply move a river from one side of a county to the other
Makes you wish this game had a reasonable way to represent the white ship disaster without just killing your heir when they're on a boat randomly.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It would be amazing with more weather types. Generally, the map needs to become more alive. I feel that it currently looks like one of those large model boards with nice looking cities, castles and so on... but it is generally devoid of any life outside of armies moving around. Having tiny people walking between cities, ships sailing / fishing and a few animals standing around.

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: