We are hiring more people at Tinto! Come join us working with EU!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
QA

2D Artist

Engine Programmer

• 31Like
  • 7Love
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
I see the QA job asks for experienced QA devs. No jobs available for people who have modded Paradox games for over a decade, identified and reported countless bugs, and made the mod which made the AI first able to pick idea groups other than its historical ones? ;)

• 8Like
Reactions:
I see the QA job asks for experienced QA devs. No jobs available for people who have modded Paradox games for over a decade, identified and reported countless bugs, and made the mod which made the AI first able to pick idea groups other than its historical ones? ;)
Actually, it is common to ask for lot of experience in every single job offer as far as I am aware. Can attest seeing 5 years of experience required with a technology that were 3 years old before. Consider it a filter for people unsure if they can take the job

• 3Like
Reactions:
Does engine programmer mean a new engine for EU5?
Engine programmer means someone working on the engine, ie. everything that goes on behind the hood
This could mean EU5, but it's not like you don't need engine programmers on an already developed game to, you know, work on the engine

1620916008197.png

Good luck to everyone who is going to make their attempt
happy to see the studio growing.

• 11Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Did anyone quit recently?
In case that hasn't been very clear:
Tinto is a new studio located on the other side of the continent from where Stockholm is. This means that (probably) where in the past the EU4 team could maybe get some people from other teams to help them(PDS seems to have high flexibility in terms of who works on what) it's probably much harder now

And also with not everyone from the old team as far as we know moving to the new studio and Tinto just probably wanting to upscale their operations it's not like them wanting to recruit new people is anything weird .-.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Job adverts usually describe the ideal candidate, not necessarily the only profile that will be considered.

When hiring for Paradox we do value your knowledge and passion for our games, and they are skills that are especially useful in QA roles. So if you think your experience with our games could make you a viable candidate despite not fulfilling every single other bullet point, then I encourage you to still apply and try to convince us :)

Did anyone quit recently?

No, all of these are new additions to the growing team here at Tinto.

• 26Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Job adverts usually describe the ideal candidate, not necessarily the only profile that will be considered.

When hiring for Paradox we do value your knowledge and passion for our games, and they are skills that are especially useful in QA roles. So if you think your experience with our games could make you a viable candidate despite not fulfilling every single other bullet point, then I encourage you to still apply and try to convince us :)

No, all of these are new additions to the growing team here at Tinto.
Thanks for clarifying! I just sent in my application, but while I wrote the cover letter in English I realized I accidentally used my Swedish CV! Would you recommend me to reapply with an English CV, or do you have enjoy Swedes there to understand what I wrote? Working on the Europa Universalis franchise is a dream of mine, so wouldn't want to miss out due to such a silly mistake :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Would you recommend me to reapply with an English CV, or do you have enjoy Swedes there to understand what I wrote?
English is definitely preferred, as we are an international company. However for this role we have Swedish speakers involved in the hiring process so it shouldn't be an issue.

• 5Like
Reactions:
>Sign up for a multiplayer game as Ulm.
>Apply and get hired by Tinto
>Buff Ulm's traditions, +170% discipline.
>Push out that 'hotfix' and quit.
>Profit.

• 19Haha
  • 5Like
Reactions:
>Sign up for a multiplayer game as Ulm.
>Apply and get hired by Tinto
>Buff Ulm's traditions, +170% discipline.
>Push out that 'hotfix' and quit.
>Profit.
Reminds me of this
1620919747380.png

Would actually make for a fun thread "If you were given a single day to change whatever you want with EU4, what would you do"

• 34Haha
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: