• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

acerio

Recruit
Jul 9, 2012
Hello,

I am new to the forums, but I have been playing CiM for a little while and I think that there should be a Washington map. I think it would be really cool, and you could include a lot of landmarks, like the White House, the Washington Monument, the Capitol, Lincoln Memorial, etc. A good number of new buildings would also have to be designed in order to model the shorter buildings of D.C. I would also like to see vehicles such as the Metro cars, among other things. I would enjoy all of this a lot because I live near Washington, you see. I think Washington is worthy of having its own map in CiM; it is the capital of the U.S.A. after all! I hope that you'll take my idea into serious consideration, and thank you.

Welcome to the forums!
The Washongton D.C metro is represented in the game. The second DLC (Design Marvels) included the Capitol W700 automatic which is based on the WMATA 1000 series stock.
You are more than welcome to start working on your own version of the city with the map editor.

I totally agree, I would love for CiM to build a D.C. map! The Washington area has a lot of interesting traffic and public transport issues... from the bottleneck bridges crossing the Potomac to the packed metro and MILLIONS of tourists flooding the city by bus. The landmarks that could be used are endless, literally thousands of monuments, memorials, government buildings and museums to pick from. I wonder if some of the security issues could be worked into the game? Not being able to drive in front of the White House for example or observing the no fly zones in the city? I've lived here in D.C. for years and agree it would be a worthy city.

Building a D.C. map in game

I would build a map of Washington in game, it's just that in order to properly build D.C., I would need a lot of specialized buildings, in addition to buildings accommodating D.C.'s height restrictions. I think the only way Washington could be properly represented in Cities in Motion would be for it to have its own DLC with its specialized buildings.

I would build a map of Washington in game, it's just that in order to properly build D.C., I would need a lot of specialized buildings, in addition to buildings accommodating D.C.'s height restrictions. I think the only way Washington could be properly represented in Cities in Motion would be for it to have its own DLC with its specialized buildings.

You're right and the map should be big enough to include links to the nearby suburbs Arlington, Fairfax etc.

You're right and the map should be big enough to include links to the nearby suburbs Arlington, Fairfax etc.

Agreed, I would like to see the surrounding suburbs as well. I also have noticed that in the US Cities expansion pack, certain important buildings weren't included that were in other cities, such as churches, high schools, and cinemas. I hope that these buildings would be brought back, possibly in new forms, if a Washington DLC were to become available.

Last edited: