• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Susan1972

First Lieutenant
Jun 14, 2021
I only play HOI4 for the various Fallout-themed mods. The base game is easily the most broken game I've ever played but mods usually deal with the worst of the problems. One thing that's intractable is the seeming inability for the player to declare war in the first 3 hours of gameplay. There's always some nonsense reason as to why I can't declare or justify on anyone but I can't help but notice the Paradox Notification Bu-kakke telling me everyone else is at war - even the countries I've played that couldn't justify or declare in that timeframe.

What's the logic in arbitrarily holding the player back like that? It's bad enought that when you can justify it usually involves giving the enemy up to a year's heads-up but not letting the player fight a war in a military strategy game is really ludicrous.

Reactions:
I don't know what you're talking about. Fascist and communist nations can justify from, well not day 1 bc you need some PP, but have no limit. The other nations are very clearly limited by world tension or specific national spirits/other country-specific flavor. If you want to go to war early, you play a fascist/communist or flip to one (this is common in strategies for most achievements).

Just check out the wiki page on war goal justification

• 7Like
Reactions:
What's the logic in arbitrarily holding the player back like that?
Prevent an easy snowball effect. AI is dumb, there's no difficulty in winning against AI whatsoever. Holding back war a little makes it a bit more challenging though just a tiny bit. If you want a quick war you can use instant_wargoal in console.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: