• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

caffran

Major
49 Badges
Feb 25, 2006
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Cities: Skylines
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
Hi all. I want to start the war at the Munich event in Sep '38 as UK.

I can choose the 'we will make a stand' option, but quite apart from the -25 NU hit, I, or rather France, become the aggressor in the war against the Axis.

All of them. Germany, Italy and Japan, without the dominions. That should be an achievement cause that's a real test.

My question is, if I guarantee Czech, will Germany still be seen as the aggressor, and by deciding to fight, will I not get the NU hit?

Or will I need to load as Czech, console the event, choose fight, and then re-load as UK?

Can it be done or do I just have to do it the hard way?

A guarantee should bring you into any war that's declared against them, but Munich normally happens by decision, not by the declaration of war. Basically, it bypasses the guarantee. If CZE decides to resist (a 10% chance, if I recall), and Germany doesn't back down, then the guarantee would take effect. In theory, you should be able to edit the probability of CZE accepting or refusing, but I don't know which file that's in, offhand.

Thanks for the reply Kovax. I managed to do it the way I suggested above. Loaded as CZE, fired the event, and chose 'no way'. Tag switched back to UK and bingo. Limited war with Germany as the aggressor.

The only thing was, your neutrality needs to be below 60 in order to proclaim guarantee, so you really need your spies raising GER threat level.

I made a mistake though. Once CZE is annexed, you get the guarantee Poland decision. I took it, not thinking, and Poland immediately joined the war.

Its just turned January '39, Poland has fallen, and Ger has declared on Denmark. Of course in this TL, there's no MR pact so that may get interesting later.