• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We got a new map with Transylvania recognized thanks to Deterock
That's not the win you think it is. That's a 1720 map, when Transylvania was a principality, not a voivodeship.

I think that little 'Transylvanian...' in the corner could denote Transylvanian Saxons. It makes sense for them to have that name and to have them distinguished from 'regular' Saxons.
That doesn't hold up because Saxons occupied the south of the region, not the north.

• 2Like
Reactions:

What your source fails to mention is that this division of the realm in early mediavel Hungary was called "ducatus", and when it happened it only ever bestowed a big part of the realm on the heir of the throne, and that the practice was discontinued after 1107 - so is not relevant for this game:
30.png

31.png

What is missing from this experts is that the area the duke governed greatly varied in each case - so it wasnt always Bihor.

Also do you propose to make every single entity who had some privilege and autonomy a different tag - like the saxons and the szeklers? I think that would go way too far. I would point out that every noble and every city in medieval Euope had some form of privilegie, and especially the more powerful ones had very serious capacity to ignore or even go against the central government if they wanted. If we took your proposal every feudal country should be broken up into smaller tags.

Also do you propose to make every single entity who had some privilege and autonomy a different tag - like the saxons and the szeklers? I think that would go way too far. I would point out that every noble and every city in medieval Euope had some form of privilegie, and especially the more powerful ones had very serious capacity to ignore or even go against the central government if they wanted. If we took your proposal every feudal country should be broken up into smaller tags.
1 tag or 3 tags, depending on the chosen solution. I think the "situation" system might be used there for better results

Last edited:
1 tag or 3 tags, depending on the chosen solution. I think the "situation" system might be used there for better results
I can see a situation for the Carpathian basin implemented, but again, for the post-Battle of Mohács period. It could represent a struggle to fill the void left by the sort of collapse of the Kingdom a Hungary, where the Ottomans, Austrians and the remnants of the Kingdom in the form of Transylvania are vying for control of the wider region, with the Romanian principalities also having the possibility to join the fray to try to gain ownership over Transylvania and each other, kinda like Michael the Brave did in history. It could result in Ottoman victory where the whole of the region falls under their suzerainty (either directly or via subjects), Austrian victory (same as the Ottoman, just under Austria) Hungarian victory (re-establishing the kingdom from before the Battle of Mohács), Romanian victory (where the three principalities are permanently unified, a sort of early formation of Romania), or the status quo like it kinda happened in history with the three way partition of the kingdom between Royal Hungary under Austria, Transylvania and the Ottomans. Hell, even Poland could join to try to gain Slovakia for itself.

Reactions: