• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or let's just annex the UK and Ireland (and also Iberia). After all, the French once ruled England through William of Normandy, and the Bourbons rule Spain.

I think the last time someone tried that they ended up getting beaten by a guy named Wellesley :p

Update on last page btw in case anyone missed it

That was nail biting.:)

That was nail biting.:)

Heh. You don't know how nailbiting. I reckon if I'd been the AI I could have wiped out everything in the Northern Zone and then been in a position to fight back in the south. As it is, the Battle for Britain will be over within an update or two.

Please,post before all of us die by old age.

Please,post before all of us die by old age.

I posted an update yesterday evening on the last page. I'm sorry I'm not writing updates quickly enough for you but I have this little thing called a dissertation and some other little things called exams going on which are going to decide the course of my future. I'm trying to update the AAR as regularly as possible but, to be honest, my exams have to come first. And if that's the kind of remark I'm going to get when I do update then that's hardly an incentive to devote even more time to this AAR is it?

Your AAR are so awesome,without them,all of Us will die :(

Still loving it, take your time! Most of us have (or had ^^) exams and understand you.

That's funny because the problem you have with the lack of convoy is one I have each time or so when trying to invade Great Britain with Germany, in DH Full and in Kaisereich!
I always forget to construct more and usually end up by delaying invasion by 1 precious month to build some...

This is exhilarating! The only reason I don't have trouble fighting Britain is because I use brute strength as Germany.

This is a perfect dystopia. Glad I'm not living in it! The AAR's great though, I couldn't stop myself from reading it in one sitting. Especially since I had recently played a Nationalist French game myself. In my version, the Bourbons were restored instead, the Italian Federation was puppeted by the event that you can trigger after annexing the SRI alone, and most of France was snatched before the Germans did so (including Paris - Germany only has an ugly blob southwest of Alsace-Lorraine and north from there up to but not including Paris) even without the Carlists' help. A much easier game so far, that is. Except that I still have to retake a third of my country.

This is a perfect dystopia. Glad I'm not living in it! The AAR's great though, I couldn't stop myself from reading it in one sitting. Especially since I had recently played a Nationalist French game myself. In my version, the Bourbons were restored instead, the Italian Federation was puppeted by the event that you can trigger after annexing the SRI alone, and most of France was snatched before the Germans did so (including Paris - Germany only has an ugly blob southwest of Alsace-Lorraine and north from there up to but not including Paris) even without the Carlists' help. A much easier game so far, that is. Except that I still have to retake a third of my country.

Huh - oddly enough I had a game which went almost the exact same way one weekend. Except I wasn't canny enough to get hold of Paris so I had to deal with German puppet France as an ugly blob. Of course if you can find a way to capture Britain then you should be able to get a puppet/ally with plenty of IC and military potential which you should be able to use to make a war with Germany winnable if you need to.

Update on the way.

Birth of the Ordinateur

Following the military successes in Britain, further good news for the French Empire emerged with the completion of the development of the miniaturised atomic bomb - small enough to be fitted to French V2 rockets and to be used against targets well beyond the reach of French air power.

screensave436.jpg

Even though it was almost certain the atomic bomb would not be needed in Britain, the technology itself was a massive force equaliser which would allow, in the event of a war, the French Empire to go toe-to-toe against the German Empire without fear of defeat.

It was at this point that the story of the Joliot-Curies took a strange turn. The formidable husband and wife team - undoubtedly the greatest atomic physicists of their generation - found themselves suddenly at a loose end as the atomic project which they had led came to a successful conclusion and the French military no longer needed civilian scientists for the much simpler task of building atomic bombs on existing designs.

Pensioned off and sworn to secrecy along with many of their fellow civilian scientists, the Joliot-Curies found themselves banned from publishing any works on atomic physics and unable to continue to work in their chosen field unless it was purely for the military.

Furthermore, the pair had begun to develop misgivings when it came to working for the military after they had seen aerial photographs of the devastated ruins of Portsmouth (photographs that were not released to the public for another twenty years). They instead became lobbyists at the Imperial Court for the development of atomic power stations. But, while the government saw the potential of this new energy source to grant them independence from imported coal and oil, they had no wish to allow it to be developed by anyone other than strictly controlled military scientists and thus the Joliot-Curies were once again deprived of a chance to work in their chosen field.

And it was so, almost by accident, that they turned to publishing the only research the military would allow them to - the developments in primitive ordinating* and automated calculation engines that had been a by-product of Project Jericho. The publishing of this research turned into an unexpected goldmine for them as commercial industries showed a great appetite for the potential uses of the technology and the couple, along with many other former Project Jericho scientists, made the fateful decision to move to the research department at the University of Toulouse where, with government grants aimed at encouraging the development of better code breaking machines, they would go onto develop the first modern, electronic, programmable ordinateur - a device which would retrospectively be decided marked the birth of the modern ordinating age.

screensave437.jpg

* Ordinating is what computing is called in this world.

Sorry the update isn't longer - my exams are next week so I haven't really had much time to work on this. Hopefully I'll have more time when the exams are over.

It's cool, I know how that's like.
Anyways, good update, but still waiting for some Franco-German action!

Well, if it helps, here are the updates still to do before the Third Weltkrieg:

The fall of Britain
The form of post war Britain
France in the run up to the Third Weltkrieg
State of the world on the eve of the Third Weltkrieg
And one interlude involving our Fabien

Status
Not open for further replies.