• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ferrero

Second Lieutenant
10 Badges
Jul 26, 2004
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
Hi everybody. I've looked for an answer trough the forum, but whether is my fault or not, I haven't found it. Is there way to add the new countries (most Indian, American and African minors) to the country lists with their relative files?

Hey

Yes it's possible to add them. But only if the countries with those tags already are included, for example, VIP changed alot of Indian minor tags and turned them into African minors. The Indian EU2 state Gujarat will be converted into the tag KUT which is used for the African state Masina in VIP. If Gujarat is present when you convert and you add the countries from VIP it will be a complete mess in your new game. It might even crash.

It's hard to determine which countries that can be added into your scenario depending on your EU2 game.
Also VIP doesn't work so well with this converter.

However the U00-20 countries can be added.

Ferrero said:
Thank you, it's just for my actual game and it shouldn't have problems. What do I have to add to the various files?

It won't be easy I can assure you ;)

You have to:

• Change the names of the tags in the World_names.csv file found in the config directory.
  • Change the culture names if you want a specific culture for that nation that VIP might use. They are also located in the World_names.csv file
  • Add the countries in the revolt.txt file if you want to have them as possible revolters.
  • Add political parties and flags (just copy them from VIP)
  • Include the countries in the file you converted, now this is the hard part because I can't understand anything from the scenario file you get after you convert, someone else might help you better on this issue.

Good Luck

Ferrero said:
Thanks again. I think the first part will be just long and boring, while the second, the one you can't understand, is going to be hard.
I think so too, but you can start the campaign and then save it the first thing you do. It will be easier to edit the save game that way.