As Designed Victoria III - Oligarchy has -25% government ideology penalty instead of +25%

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

famaouz

<insert custom title here>
24 Badges
Aug 5, 2013
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
Short summary of your issue
Oligarchy has -25% government ideology penalty instead of +25%

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files?
No

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Exactly the title, Oligarchy has -25% government ideology penalty instead of +25%

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Just take a look at the modifier and compare it to other laws, there is no way this is intended

Take a look at the second screenshot, including all IGs gives +19 from 58 legitimacy

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
Either simply change the modifier, or give confirmation that this is intended though i dont think its so.

Take a look at the second screenshot, including all IGs gives +19 from 58 legitimacy

I have attached a save game
No

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• 2022_12_05_4.png
    2022_12_05_4.png
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 2022_12_05_5.png
    2022_12_05_5.png
    2,1 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Upvote 0
Hey there famaouz!

Thanks for reaching out to us with a concern regarding the IG Ideology Penalties for Oligarchy.

In this case, the multiplier is indeed working as intended for the distribution of power method. You can observe the same for other types of laws in a similar scope like Council Republics.

We hope this clarifies the question and that you enjoy playing in the new patch!

• 1Like
Reactions:
In this case, the multiplier is indeed working as intended for the distribution of power method. You can observe the same for other types of laws in a similar scope like Council Republics.
Huh? I'm sorry, there are only two laws that have "positive" (i.e. negative number) `country_legitimacy_ideological_incoherence_mult` in `00_distribution_of_power.txt`, one is `law_oligarchy` and the other is `law_elder_council` which only used by decentralized nations. Are you sure its not a mistake, considering all others is "negative" (i.e. positive number)?

Whats the reasoning of "autocracy, landed voting, wealth voting, and census suffrage have a harder time working with other interest groups" while "oligarchy means everyone is better at working together, even better than universal suffrage and anarchy"?

Here are some screenshots
2022_12_05_9.png2022_12_05_10.png2022_12_05_11.png2022_12_05_12.png

Reactions:
just look at modern russia what rich oligarchs and crazy monarch can do
and then look at "democratic" europe. in Poland we have circus instead of goverment, any law passing is just opportunity to mock other party
for me this update makes total sense but i didnt test it much yet.

Reactions:
just look at modern russia what rich oligarchs and crazy monarch can do
and then look at "democratic" europe. in Poland we have circus instead of goverment, any law passing is just opportunity to mock other party
for me this update makes total sense but i didnt test it much yet.
What? Since when when "oligarchy Russia" can work better with trade unions or other opposition groups compared to other form of government? Also, you mention "crazy monarch", guess what, autocracy actually have +50% ideology penalty

Reactions:
Thanks a lot for all of the replies and reactions regarding the subject!

It is completely understandable that there might be disagreement in any decision-making process when it comes to new features. While it does stand as working as intended upon double-checking with the team, I will make sure to forward the feedback from everyone here to the team for review as well.

Again, thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts, and apologies if the explanation might've been shallow previously.

• 1Like
Reactions:

It is completely understandable that there might be disagreement in any decision-making process when it comes to new features. While it does stand as working as intended upon double-checking with the team, I will make sure to forward the feedback from everyone here to the team for review as well.

Again, thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts, and apologies if the explanation might've been shallow previously.
Thanks for the reply, its just one number but its just weird in my mind because why is it like that, autocracy literally gives +50% and voting laws even give varying +% numbers, why only oligarchy (which is below of autocracy and above votings in "authoritarian"-ness) that have a bonus, myself has already modded it to +25% instead.

While this is very simple, other similar issue is being able to add all IGs while still maintaining a good legitimacy, check this reddit post

• 2Like
Reactions:
Thanks for the reply, its just one number but its just weird in my mind because why is it like that, autocracy literally gives +50% and voting laws even give varying +% numbers, why only oligarchy (which is below of autocracy and above votings in "authoritarian"-ness) that have a bonus, myself has already modded it to +25% instead.

While this is very simple, other similar issue is being able to add all IGs while still maintaining a good legitimacy, check this reddit post
Thanks for the response.

The issue above is also being looked into by the team and has been reported here as well earlier today.

Cheers!

Reactions:

Thanks for the reply! Have a great day. :)

I guess it makes sense if you think about it as the oligarchs coming together and being buddies inside their own elite sphere with each other?

Thanks for the reply! Have a great day. :)

I guess it makes sense if you think about it as the oligarchs coming together and being buddies inside their own elite sphere with each other?

Oligarchy is about government controlled by the Elite. And the Elite would want no part with IGs which are not part of the elite.

They should not tolerate those petty little interest groups like Trade Unions, Rural Folk, and the Petite Bourgeoisie, unless it's absolutely necessary to preserve their interests.

Reactions: