• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Don Mikkele

Recruit
May 30, 2023
Short summary of your issue
Game is crashing all the time

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Crash comes from time to time or every 5min. No details explained in the crash reporter, which cannot be sent out.
See screenshot and crash files etc in the attachments.
Thanks for the support, much appreciated :)

Don

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Simply play the game ^^

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
DXDialog report is attached as well.

I have attached a save game
Yes

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    383 KB · Views: 0
  • debug.log
    104 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    128,9 KB · Views: 0
  • game.log
    36 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    938 bytes · Views: 0
  • exception.txt
    1,2 KB · Views: 0
  • meta.yml
    893 bytes · Views: 0
  • minidump.dmp
    41,8 MB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.json
    2,8 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    129,2 KB · Views: 0
I just re-installed the game and made sure that no mods are in my list at all... it still is crashing after 2mins gameplay - before the latest patch update 1.3.2 it was crashing from time to time only, now it does not survive 5mins anymore :(
Few more things: Just started another game (Anno 1800) and it also crashes after few mins... my PC is quite new so not sure what driver etc is missing. What is also weird: these issues didnt show up in the beginning...

Hi. We've investigated the crashdump and the exception file and it appears that the game crashes for you when it tries (and fails) to allocate memory.
One of our programmers suggested to run a full Memtest of your RAM as it's possible that it's faulty and that you should contact your PC vendor for a replacement (if it's on warranty).
Good luck!

Hi Don Mikkele!

Besides running Memtest, if you have antivirus installed, it might be interfering with Steam as well. You can see in your DxDiag a bunch of errors referring to Steam Web Helper.
Also, I will be moving your thread to our Technical Support Forum, so that you can get help from there! Please let them know how it goes with the MemTest and all!
Thank you for your understanding, and good luck!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi Don Mikkele!

Besides running Memtest, if you have antivirus installed, it might be interfering with Steam as well. You can see in your DxDiag a bunch of errors referring to Steam Web Helper.
Also, I will be moving your thread to our Technical Support Forum, so that you can get help from there! Please let them know how it goes with the MemTest and all!
Thank you for your understanding, and good luck!
Actually only the regular windows stuff...

My further investigations did not help so far
- checked the ram slots (2x 16gb ddr5), both look good, also took them out and in again to be sure (also in the right slots)
- during the game I checked the task manager (ram was max 35%), the system also shows full 32gb accessable

I NEED HEEEELP!!

We see no crashes in this game in that dxdiag, which does tend to point to something outside the game. What we do see are crashes in steamwebhelper.exe - are you having Steam issues?

You may as well update that nVidia driver to May 2023 https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

And :
Right click on victoria3.exe , properties, compatibility. Tick "disable fullScreen optimisations" untick every other box in that dialog, Apply and exit.
Then in the launcher Game Settings menu, select fullScreen display mode, Vsync off, cap refresh rate at 60.

If none of that helps, revert to 1.3.1 in the Steam Betas tab for the game. Does that run okay?