Victoria 3 Update 1.1 "Earl Grey" is now LIVE! Checksum [0d2e] Not for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Last edited:
  • 11Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Please, Paradox team, add more management options for ruling generals and armies! Such as replenishment of batallions, merge of general"s army and garrison army, change commander, replace commander in HQ, and others! Now management of army is very difficult and weak. It first important need for player!
Definitely right. Actually warfare is completely unplayable and unsatisfiable.

• 4Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I've updated https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/raw-changes-diffs-between-patches.1557312/ thread where I summarize some changes about the patch.

Here's some technical evaluation of the changes (with some guessing).

* Rebalanced Power Plant production method - Power building group is now in Heavy Industry, not in Urban facilities
* Bureaucracy tech no longer uses the same localization key as bureaucracy concept - building_government_administration has now unlocking_technologies = tech_bureaucracy instead of bureaucracy
* Fixed overflows in politics related math that could lead to weird values for political strength of pops, or amount of votes in elections, and other such things - changed political_strength in common/buy_packages/00_buy_packages.txt
* Fixed the large starting unemployment in several Decentralized Countries - building_subsistence_output_mult change from -0.15 to -0.10 and building_throughput_mult change from -0.15 to -0.10
* Skyscraper now has a Trade Nexus base PM as an option for Bureaucratic Nexus:
Code:
pm_skyscraper_bureaucratic_nexus = {
    texture = "gfx/interface/icons/production_method_icons/skyscraper_bureaucratic_nexus.dds"

state_modifiers = {
        workforce_scaled = {
            building_government_administration_throughput_mult = 0.25
        }
    }

building_modifiers = {
        workforce_scaled = {
            building_input_paper_add = 25
        }

level_scaled = {
            building_employment_laborers_add = 1000
            building_employment_clerks_add = 2500
            building_employment_bureaucrats_add = 1500
        }
    }
}

pm_skyscraper_trade_nexus = {
    texture = "gfx/interface/icons/production_method_icons/skyscraper_trade_nexus.dds"

country_modifiers = {
        workforce_scaled = {
            country_trade_route_quantity_mult = 0.25
        }
    }

building_modifiers = {
        workforce_scaled = {
            building_input_paper_add = 25
        }

level_scaled = {
            building_employment_laborers_add = 1000
            building_employment_clerks_add = 2500
            building_employment_bureaucrats_add = 1500
        }
    }
}
* Alaska Purchase decision now has significantly easier requirements:
Code:
# was:
    possible = {
        owns_entire_state_region = STATE_WASHINGTON
        in_default = no
        taking_loans = no
        is_at_war = no
        root.gdp > 60000000
        c:RUS = {
            relations:root >= relations_threshold:cordial
            is_at_war = no
            OR = {
                in_default = yes
                taking_loans = yes
            }
        }
    }

#is:
    possible = {
        owns_entire_state_region = STATE_WASHINGTON
        in_default = no
        taking_loans = no
        is_at_war = no
        c:RUS = {
            relations:root >= 0
            is_at_war = no
            taking_loans = yes
            can_take_on_scaled_debt = {
                who = c:RUS
                value = c:RUS.scaled_debt
            }
        }
    }

There are lot of changes and I can't simply grep them all..

• 2Like
Reactions:
They've already said warfare updates will be in an upcoming free patch. My guess is it'll be the focus of 1.2.

Reactions:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
In light of Anbeeld's AI mod being temporarily broken with the new update, maybe this is a good learning opportunity for the dev team. An opt-in open beta a la HOI4 can help modders create compatibility patches in time for the full release, and it'll provide some earlier bug/balance reports too.

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
1670241874509.png

is this new or did i miss it in previous games?

This is an interesting choice. Given that nationalism was central to all three unification projects, and that these unifications were already trivial to accomplish, why was the requirement to research Nationalism removed?
Yeah, I don’t see why unification should be easier, and why Nationalism is no longer part of the formation of these two nations. This is the only thing that feels like a step back.

• 4Like
Reactions:
* Fixed overflows in politics related math that could lead to weird values for political strength of pops, or amount of votes in elections, and other such things - changed political_strength in common/buy_packages/00_buy_packages.txt
Ah, and here I thought they had upgraded to proper 64-bit integers.
In light of Anbeeld's AI mod being temporarily broken with the new update, maybe this is a good learning opportunity for the dev team. An opt-in open beta a la HOI4 can help modders create compatibility patches in time for the full release, and it'll provide some earlier bug/balance reports too.
Stellaris does this, too.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Agree, not to mention the plan economy approach with the tedious task of micro management every building chain and oh yeah i just said it over 1000 times simply no stockpiles; as they are 'abstracted' i do love the strong phrasing how to defend and vision out the game design, few game dev studios have this grammatical talent.

I have strong faith the big update will be the milk and sugar in the coffee.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
One question.
You guys fixed the teleporting generals bug/exploit.
But didnt fix the generals going back to HQ or the troops dissapearing into the wind when the general dies?
And now that we dont have immortal rulers this will be felt a lot more

• 10Like
Reactions: