Vassals stopped converting provinces...

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PaulosAdamson

Private
87 Badges
May 9, 2016
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
Hello All

I'm going for the One Faith achievement and all was going well until the last few years, I am in the late 1790s. Now all by two of my Vassals (I have many as playing Austria) have stopped converting provinces and they have assigned all the provinces they can to Trade Companies.

Does anyone know why they might have done this? Could it be that I recently killed the last unvasselised nation? Maybe as the AI sees no need for military anymore they are concentrating on money rather than military with the side effect that they can no longer convert provinces. If this is the case could I get around it by releasing a nation / vassal and declaring a truce breaking war? Would this maybe encourage the vassals to remove provinces from trades companies when they can?

Another thought I had was that the AI might have stopped converting as they have passed a threshold where lack religious of religious unity is no longer an issue.

These vassals all have religious ideas and between them were converting 20-30 provinces per year. I only need to convert about 3-400 hundred but without the vassals I have no chance.

Does anyone have any experience with this and have any suggestions about how I get those vassals converting again?

Thanks

If the provinces you give to your vassals outside their sub continent does not have a direct land connection to their capital they will auto add it to TC. So for example lets say you have spain as a vassal and you give him all of morocco but you control ceuta then he will add all of it to TC but if you give him ceuta he will full core all of it, I am however not sure if he will revoke TC's if you for example give him ceuta after he has added everything to TC hope I was helpful I had same prob when doing my OF

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks for the reply.

The funny thing is that 50 years ago they were converting provinces, half of Papal China is Catholic, they seem to have stopped at some point in last 10-20 years.

Any idea why that might be?

No clue I have seen some odd convertions occasionally as well. This is only a guess so very big chance of me being wrong but maybe that has to do with ruler traits like if the ruler is a zealot maybe they try to convert, but yeah that is pure speculation. Only thing that is 100% certain is the land connection thingy.

Reactions:
the current mechanics are broken and the AI wont convert provences in general.
This was fixed in 1.30. The AI now often converts if it can and has negative effects form the wrong religion. But CNs and countries with high tolerance don't have the negative effects, so I think they don't convert. And provinces in a TC, with religious zeal or heathen provinces with the dhimmi privilege "Guaranteed Dhimmi Autonomy" can never be converted. And I think countries with religious ideas but without humanist ideas are more eager to convert.

Reactions:
They only broke the colonial nations. So we will have loads of indigious and crazy religion by 18hundred there. Pretty shure that up to 80 percent where whiped out by the smallpox and the rest was converted. (I mean we dont see suni carbias thats at least somehting). It was only and I can only stress that out, in the USA where you had religious liberty. (to some extend in quebec with the hugenottes). So they kind of whent with the USA is everywhere instead of the far more popular option at that time in America to convert all to your religion and not letting others in for unity.

Thanks for the reply.

The funny thing is that 50 years ago they were converting provinces, half of Papal China is Catholic, they seem to have stopped at some point in last 10-20 years.

Any idea why that might be?

is there revolt risk still in those china provinces? AI doesn't tend to convert provinces without revolt risk. But this seems weird, AI usually doesn't just stop converting if they did so before