Vassalization offer 100 dev limit needs to change/removed

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

wowlock

Private
112 Badges
Mar 6, 2013
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Age of Wonders
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • The Showdown Effect
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
Honestly, that 100 development limit with the current game changed of almost all nations developing their provinces by themselves or by events/missions etc, you get 100 dev nations with just 3-4 provinces, which puts them out of any diplomatic vassalization attempt. This makes any diplomatic vassalization play useless after reformation time and makes the ideas based on such a play like influence ideas pointless too. There is already an economic base modifier to block easy vassalizations. So that 100 limit needs to be removed or changed to be scaling for later ages OR scale to the nations own size/power. Again, the economic base thing is there for that.
Because lets face it, if I am a 5000 dev empire and the nation next to me with 3-4 provinces refuse my vassalization offer, despite max relations, max trust and all the diplo rep you can get just because they have 100 devs which practically forces you to just make war and annex everyone ( because why bother with vassalization anymore after having to deal with war ) it just get frustrating.
Just increasing the limit 50 dev each age would make be fine enough honestly. Because even if the limit were to be 300-400, their economy would be strong enough that they won't need that 100 dev cap thing anyways. But if you are in late game and don't want to deal with needless death-wars and just wanna do diplomatic stuff for some missions etc, just let us do that.

Just look at the picture and tell me how this is reasonable.

1711601943044.png

Reactions:
And what's even worse is that if you cut them down in size further, so you can remove this ridiculous limitation, they then don't want anything to do with you because you have their cores, so you have to let someone beat them until they are an OPM or TPM while somehow making sure they don't get annexed!

It's not a good system.

Reactions:
Agreed!

I think it should either be removed completely - relative economic size is enough of a penalty to overcome for moderately sized countries - or at least the max development should be affected by administrative efficiency, i.e. you can vassalize countries up to 100 dev with 0 admin efficiency, 200 dev with 50% admin efficiency, 500 with 80% admin efficiency and so on.

(max dev for vassalization = 100/(1-effective admin efficiency))

• 3Like
Reactions: