[v1.0.0 (9b5a)] System on border is shown as owned when not.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

deershark

Recruit
32 Badges
Apr 3, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
I was playing a new game for maybe 1-2 hours and ended up noticing that a solar system was being displayed as being within my capital's territory (it expanded out to the system). I tried to send a construction ship out to set up some mining / research stations, but gave me the error that the planets were not in my territory. I checked the galaxy map, and the hexagon and line that is used to represent the location of a solar system was colored green (my empire's primary color), but the border was only at the edge of the hexagon. I checked the other empires around me, and loaded up another save find to confirm that the color of the hexagon and line change based on the ownership.

TL;DR: Hexagon indicator for a system was colored as if I owned it, but I didn't have the ability to build mining / research stations.

DLC: Creatures of the void Portrait Pack
Mods: N/A

KPWY9Xz.jpg

Edit: Just came across this issue with a system on a shared border. The hexagon and line are colored as if it falls under my territory, when it clearly lays inside the other empire's land.
XarLf7K.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
Upvote 0
[V1.0.2 (Fc5e)]

I have a planet which clear shows in my system while the game believes it does not. It was "officially" inside my borders when I set up an Observation Post, but now according to the game it isn't. Very annoying as I was observing an atomic race there and now have problems with my aggressive observation techniques. I can't fix the problem because of this phantom border shift as I don't have border access with my neighbor and can't send a Science Ship there to fix.

And yes, both myself and my neighbor's backgrounds are red. Border line is green which is real dandy for red/green colorblind person like myself. :(

Close up of the borders showing Bentnasch inside my borders though the tool tip (and game) believes it is on the other side of the fence in neighboring Sydaean
9yiMKKa.jpg

More long distant shot
Ub3lDel.jpg

Last edited:
I am having the same problem as the OP. On the galaxy map the Capella system, which appears to be right on the edge of my empire boundary, is shown with a hexagon in the same blue color as my empire borders (as opposed to systems clearly outside of my borders, which are shown with gray hexagons). But attempts to build mining or other stations in the Capella system are unselectable (red text) with the message "This planet is not within our borders" shown in the pop up.

DLC: Creatures of the Void
Mods: None

I have seen this but as happened to me, it appears that the planet is located where the vertical indicator is located, not the hexagonal border of the planet.
If the stick point in the hexagon is in your border, then the planet should be in your border. My current game had just such a situation. When my border extended beyond the point of the vertical line, the planet was considered in my territory and I could build there.

So, do not go by how the planet itself looks on the map or where the hexagonal representation boundry is, look at the vertical point and where it lies.

I've had this issue and also an opposite issue where a system outline is not drawn within my borders (i.e. a bit of the star selection outline sits in my borders but is still grey as if it was outside) however the tooltip says it is within my space and I can build mining bases/research stations.

I have seen this but as happened to me, it appears that the planet is located where the vertical indicator is located, not the hexagonal border of the planet.
If the stick point in the hexagon is in your border, then the planet should be in your border. My current game had just such a situation.

So, do not go by how the planet itself looks on the map or where the hexagonal representation boundry is, look at the vertical point and where it lies.

In my case, the "stick point" ends right on the dark border line, so that doesn't really help. In any event, the color of the hexagon is pretty clearly meant to be indicative of whether the system is within one's borders or not, and it is apparently not using the same subroutine to make that determination that the planet build options are. So it is a bug, and one that ought to be fairly straightforward to fix.