• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tsf4

General
58 Badges
May 31, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
This is my attempt at a new "front" page for Lux Invicta. There is still good info in the older pages, but here will be the links and will be a place where you know you can go to get them.

The mod download, most recent version (October 7th, 2019) : https://www.moddb.com/mods/lux-invicta-ck2/downloads/lux-invicta-v06k17

The Canon Timeline made by Shaytana (original LI creator who vanished many years ago), which is still very accurate with lore: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bw2n79grma5trp8/Canon_Historical_Timeline.docx?dl=0

Find a bug which you have not seen posted? Post it here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ntomology-corner-bug-hunting-bulletin.755523/

Gameplay/Lore Tips: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...libration-coordinates-gameplay-guides.755763/

Religion in Lux Invicta/SELIN: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/lux-spirituality-enhancement.792601/

Old "Megathread": https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/mod-lux-invicta.612823/

Submod (supported by devs, made by TeutonicThrash): https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/submod-less-balkanised-lux-invicta.1124803/ This mod features a "less Balkanized" historical setup, but otherwise is Lux Invicta. Should be compatible with each new version.

Last edited:
Wasn't there also the History of the East lore pdf?

Oh gosh, its probably somewhere, but I have not seen it in years. I think it was just the timeline but edited out anything not having to do with India/China.

It should work with 3.2x

Nothing new, just a slow trickle of updating to latest 3.x changes. But should definitely be playable.

New July update posted in OP.

Thats most likely because we don't have info for some years. You could try searching for them in the LI megathread, but otherwise I assume the timeline is correct.

Thats most likely because we don't have info for some years. You could try searching for them in the LI megathread, but otherwise I assume the timeline is correct.
300CE: The Year of the Junior Emperors. Maxentius appointed as another junior co-Emperor by Diocletian, in order to oversee the reorganization of the Gallic military provinces, Galerius appointed junior co-Emperor by Alexandros VI in recognition of his services during the campaign against Narses. Constantius Chlorus famously quips "We'll soon have more Emperors than legions."

302 CE: Galerius takes the name Dacicus in honor of his Dacian forefathers. He promotes a vast programme of establishing Dacian military colonies in the military provinces of the Empire. He openly converts to Zalmoxianism and promotes it as a military religion of the Empire alongside Mithraism. Further Dacian and Sarmatian settlement in Britannia and Gallia.

306 CE: Constantius Chlorus leads a Briton-Sarmato-Dacian force beyond the Wall to subdue the Picts. He dies in battle and is succeeded as co-Emperor by Constantine, his son by the Julio-Argead princess Helena. Further reorganization of the military provinces throughout the Empire.

310 CE: Maximian dies. After celebrating the Dies Natalis Solis Invicti in a gigantic ceremony in Alexandria, with all the client kings of the East coming to worship Sol-made-flesh, the Sun Emperor Alexandros VI proclaims the necessary Setting and Rebirth of Sol. Sol is to rise again in the person of his son Alexandros VII, now crowned Sun-Emperor by his father. As a symbol of the Setting Sun, Alexandros VI the Blind departs for the Western Desert the next day and dissapears. The myth of his Return to rule the world once more is created.

311 CE: Diocletian dies in his palace in Split. He commits suicide declaring: "I should not keep Alexandros (VI) waiting." Donatists, originally Christians frowning upon those who waivered in their faith during times of persecution, gain great popularity in Numidia. Alexandros VII has Saint Catherine of Alexandria executed after she refuses his romantic advances.

313 CE: Galerius dies of bowel cancer. In order to spread dissension among the Christians Alexandros VII supports Arius and his followers as the favored sect of Christianity. Their belief that Jesus was a subordinate entity to God is further seized on by Alexandros VII to establish one of the many Solar-Christian variations, by having state preachers spread the message that "Jesus was the son of the true God, Sol, his messenger to us all". Alexandros VII proclaims to his council that the way to destroy Christianity is not by persecution, but by making Christians turn against one another.

315 CE: Alexandros VII continues his policies of splitting Christianity into many sects. Various Christian sects are given encouragement. Arian and Solar Christian missionaries are funded by the state. Constantine I marries his young son Constantine to the Artorian princess Axara and makes him hereditary governor of the new military province of Dumnonia, in order to weaken Artorian hold on Britannia. New Sarmatian settlements created in Britain.

318 CE: Renewed Xiongnu attacks against Helleno-China. Hunnic attacks in Western Serindia.

320 CE: In order to further the cause of Solar Christianity, Alexandros VII proclaims December 25, the Dies Natalis Solis Invicti to be the birth of Jesus as son of Sol. The Dies Solis Invicti (Sunday) is proclaimed a day of rest. Constantine defeats a Gothic incursion into Dacia.

325 CE: Constantine campaigns against the Goths and the Vandals. Christianity reaches Georgia.

330 CE: Constantine dedicates his city of Nova Roma, future Constantinople and moves his capital there. Maxentius dies. His son Maxentius II is confirmed co-Emperor with direct authority over Gallia. Constantine's son Constantine of Dumnonia rebels for being passed over as co-Emperor. An agrieved Constantine I sends Maxentius II to quell the rebellion.

331 CE: Constantine of Britannia and his Artorian allies defeat Maxentius near Londinium and force him to retreat to Gallia.

335 CE: Constantine allows King Alexandros Asanderos of Cimmerian Bosphorus to style himself Emperor of Pontus in exchange for campaigning against the Goths.

337 CE: Constantine I campaigns in Britannia against his own son. During a surprise night attack he is captured by Sarmatian cavalrymen and brought to his son Constantine of Britannia. Constantine of Britannia asks his father to appoint him as co-Emperor and his succesor. Constantine I refuses, declaring he would rather die instead. His enraged son declares that he will have to take the Empire if it is not given to him. The Emperor Constantine is executed in the Sarmatian fashion, a Sword of Victory dedicated to the War God thrust through his heart into the earth. Constantine of Britannia takes the Sword of the War God, now blessed by the blood of an Emperor and proclaims his intent to rule the Empire.

338 CE: Alexandros VII accepts the sons of Constantine, Crispus, now styled Constantine II, Constantius II and Constans as co-Emperors. He proclaims it to be their bussiness to deal with their rebellious brother. Shapur II attacks the Roman East.

339 CE: Constantine II prepares to invade Britannia. Constantius II campaigns against Shapur II.

340 CE: Catastrophic defeat of Constantine II by Constantine of Britannia near Aquae Sulis. Seeing that his brother is mortally wounded, Constantine of Britannia proclaims that it would be a mistake to waste such a great offering to the War God and has his Sarmatians execute him with his Sword of Victory, now dedicated with the blood of two Emperors.
Nonetheless this is missing.

Thanks, I will fix the timeline then.

New mini DD posted in the main Lux thread, check it out!

New October update posted!

Is there a place to apply to join the dev team? It's been so long since I've seen Lux Invicta in development and I want to help revive it!

Just talk with me on PM

not a big fan of the removal of bloodlines to be honest. If I might suggest something i'd make most religions reformable, you free yourself of some workload and give people the chance to make their own flavour