Urban warfare+1.6 feature list: Consolidation Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Your statement about rebuilding the Kintaro as 3x SRM6 + 1x SRM4 +++ is exactly the reason (though your damage numbers are off since the +++SRMs do 12/missile giving you 22*12 = 264dmg). Dealing 12pts/missile + 6stab/missile is what makes them OP. SRM6+++ == 72dmg/36stb for 12 heat, 2 crits, and 3 tons (+1crit/ton of ammo).

Does anything else come close to that efficiency? Not even. The closest you get is the AC/20, but that is 5 shots / ton (compared to 8), weighs more, takes up more crit slots, and generates more heat. Yes, the SRMs are "theoretically" spread over the target, but in practice, it's not really that spread and it's easy to score multiple hits on the same hitbox (including the head) just with good positioning (side shots are only going to be targeting 5 locations).

The Kintaro can go as high as SRM24 by doing 2x SRM6, 3x SRM4. And if all of them are +++, you're looking at 288 dmg. For a whopping 12 tons of weapon systems in 5 hardpoint locations and consuming 7 crit slots. A single AC20 is 14 tons and does 120 (for the +++ model).

(Assuming max damage+ models) Compare that to the PPC (60dmg @ 35 heat) or Laser Laser (50dmg @ 18 heat) and you're better off with SRMs with the engagement ranges what they currently are. For Autocannons, you need too much tonnage for the amount of damage they do (though the heat is their one saving grace). Medium lasers are the only thing that holds a candle to SRMs, but even there you're only looking at 35 dmg @ 12 heat for 1 ton (and no stability damage) and for 5 crit slots, you're topping out at 175 damage, not 288.

I will have to take a screen grab and figure out how to put the dmg on here.

There are two M LASER on the KTO as well - they do 50 dmg. 3 x SRM6+++ = 216 + 48 (SRM4+++) for 316. I HAD 2x M LASER+++ for 70 dmg (336) but I moved them elsewhere.

And the stability damage. And the TTS++ for accuracy.

I think that is the most damage one can do really? The Grasshopper can do 305 all laser with +++ 7 M LASER and 2 S LASER+++. Closest I can get.

Well non-modded/alt 'Mech variants anyways....

The 'BATTLETECH_Game' twitter user (not sure if twitter links are allowed).
View attachment 481018

I would have to disagree with the "..legendary GDL." on there.....if this 3026 or 3027ish, the GDL aren't legendary yet. Not until they find and give away for free the Helm Memory Core.

That makes them Legends of the Periphery in my book.

I would have to disagree with the "..legendary GDL." on there.....if this 3026 or 3027ish, the GDL aren't legendary yet. Not until they find and give away for free the Helm Memory Core.

That makes them Legends of the Periphery in my book.

That is a fair point - especially as the campaign starts in 3025 - unless there is a year trigger on it.

EDIT : Unless, they are referring to our perspective as BT players - then this is certainly true :D

Last edited:
I think that is the most damage one can do really? The Grasshopper can do 305 all laser with +++ 7 M LASER and 2 S LASER+++. Closest I can get.

Banshee 3M and Grasshopper can both mount 7ML+++ (35 each) + 6SL+++ (30 each) for 425 dmg alpha strike and a +180dmg melee attack (310dmg for the Banshee, 270 for the 'Hopper).

It's HOT and you don't have to shave off all that much armor on either of them. The Grasshopper manages the heat better, but the Alpha is the same for both.

That is a fair point - especially as the campaign starts in 3025 - unless there is a year trigger on it.

EDIT : Unless, they are referring to our perspective as BT players - then this is certainly true :D

Yeah, I suppose both can be true, from a certain point of view. [Channelling Obi-Wan there....]

Banshee 3M and Grasshopper can both mount 7ML+++ (35 each) + 6SL+++ (30 each) for 425 dmg alpha strike and a +180dmg melee attack (310dmg for the Banshee, 270 for the 'Hopper).

It's HOT and you don't have to shave off all that much armor on either of them. The Grasshopper manages the heat better, but the Alpha is the same for both.

Well in that case you can strip all the armour off and ignore heatsinks, sure. Then the Stalker can dish out 486 if memory serves.

I'm not talking fantasy build. But raw power output/dmg I guess. My GH only had 6 M L and 2 S L due to the heat. But if we ignore that we can build anything we want. Strip the armour off it too if you're going to get rid of HS and making it non useable.

I had an SRM Cyclops with 38 missile tubes. It had reasonable, but not max, armor and enough heat sinks to get at least two or three salvos off without overheating. With max damage launchers that is 456 damage. It wasn't the best build, but it was a lot of fun to use.

Well in that case you can strip all the armour off and ignore heatsinks, sure. Then the Stalker can dish out 486 if memory serves.

I'm not talking fantasy build. But raw power output/dmg I guess. My GH only had 6 M L and 2 S L due to the heat. But if we ignore that we can build anything we want. Strip the armour off it too if you're going to get rid of HS and making it non useable.

The Grasshopper and Banshee both have almost max armor and enough heat dissipation to be able to alpha at least once (the hopper can do it twice, I think)

Updated with stjobe's summary of today's stream...

You're overestimating the difficulty of making it work. In my late-campaign lance (what I was taking on the last few story missions) I had a Stalker with a 498 alpha strike, max JJs, and enough ammo for 16 volleys with a bit left over (4 tons for 4 SRM6s). Heat management was 66/87 and Armor was 1560 (only 70 short of max armor). And I could have improved that to 66/82 without losing any armor or ammo if I scavenged some more equipment from one of my other mechs (or even better than that if I scavenged even more equipment and dropped a ton or two of ammo+armor as well).

I agree that the Kintaro is the best mech and athletic and very handsome.

I don't know...

This version has kind of a chimp in a tutu thing going on.

KTO-Kintaro.png

This one is better - which is a really low bar - but it's kind of generic.

9c566a13d8cd302a54b465cb9585c2c3.jpg

Can't deny the firepower, though. I guess looking ridiculous isn't such big deal if you can hide behind a cloud of missiles.

Sorry, I haven't run my king crabs in a while, I have one campaign after completion with four KCGs, forgot that it's three mediums and four smalls and ppc for the occasional knockdown at long range.

My favorite though it does less damage is still the 4xlrm15 Stalker. Ran into an LRM Carrier last night and was reminded of why 60 lrms is such a big threat. Funny thing is it was the last thing in the convoy to die so it actually ran out of ammo before I could kill it. Using evasion and vigilance I was able to mitigate it's effectiveness so I didn't have to risk an exposed run into multiple fields of fire to get a shot on it. Plus my LRM boat wasn't ready yet so my only long distance weapons were my AC5 from the ShadowHawk and the PPC from the Vindicator.

Did they announce whether or not UrbanWarfare will integrate into a currently running storyline campaign? And with all the new editions of the Raven and Sensor Warfare and smaller mechs and whatnot would it just be worth it to start the SP Campaign over to get the best experience of all the features?

The expansions (either Flashpoints or Urban Warfare) do not change the campaign missions at all. Campaign missions were hand scripted so the enemy units and objectives do not change. So there is no point to starting the campaign over.

The expansions (either Flashpoints or Urban Warfare) do not change the campaign missions at all. Campaign missions were hand scripted so the enemy units and objectives do not change. So there is no point to starting the campaign over.

They will not show up in the scripted missions but if you buy the UW DLC the new stuff - City maps - Raven - Javelin etc should show up in the random missions

Yes I know. He asked about campaign and restarting. Thus only the campaign missions were the relevant point. He doesn't need to restart to do random missions.

As for the city maps that may not be true. They added more stars to the map to add more places with large Cities. Given the travel restrictions in the campaign there may be few to none planets with large cities in the travel sphere available before the campaign ends.