• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bigh RI Joe

Big RI Joe
20 Badges
Mar 10, 2005
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Iron Cross
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • For The Glory
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
I'm having trouble with Core .91+ Dr Rare's nuclear mod. Every time I attempt to upgrade my infantry and marine units, they disappear from the map, and then after a time reappear as upgraded. Howver, their statistics don't change and there is still the option to upgrade them to the next advanced level. I'm in the year 1954, and have maxed out all my infantry/marine techs. Any help?

Bigh RI Joe said:
I'm having trouble with Core .91+ Dr Rare's nuclear mod. Every time I attempt to upgrade my infantry and marine units, they disappear from the map, and then after a time reappear as upgraded. Howver, their statistics don't change and there is still the option to upgrade them to the next advanced level. I'm in the year 1954, and have maxed out all my infantry/marine techs. Any help?

First of all Wow someone is using my Core nuke tweaks.Yay!No body has commented on it where it is available to download,but i thought it might take a while as you have to play for ages to get to use rockets and nukes in game. :D

I do not think its anything to do with the nuke mod as i have only added text,fixed it where it used to incorrectly say you can now load missiles on submarines to you can now load nukes onto flying bombs and rockets.Some tweaks to the models.txt and a few tech pics and the only altered game file is the rocketry_tech.txt and that is just adding one line that rockets and flying bombs are now missile carriers. (having said that it was still a lot of work)

So i assure you i have not altered or touched any file that would affect the game the way you are talking about.So dont panic!!

There is a issue with CORE if i remember which is what you seem to describe the fact that it seems like you can always upgraded infantry but in actual fact all the inf techs are added without needing to upgrade .Some one else may remember properly(Damn this is when you need a forum search function :rolleyes: )

How do you mean the troops disappear from the map?

Do you mean in the normal way?You click upgrade and they go back to the build queue for refit and are then re-deployable or do you mean they just vanish and reappear weirdly?

It is normal in CORE and a old issue that Inf do not change stats when you upgrade them,most Core inf upgrades are automatic in game and you don't have to use the upgrade button even though its highlighted :wacko: Also some techs do not change your numbers org ,attack ,defense etc they just add to the maths formula odds during battles or movement.

I am sure someone else will explain it clearer ,but i wouldn't worry about it its one of those crazy features that has been changed over the versions.

Unless i am understanding incorrectly??

All the same cool to know you are using my New Hoi1 CORE Nuclear Missiles TECH mod,please keep me informed of how you feel the first time you load a nuke on a ICBM with a 10,000 mile range and drop it on a enemy's best province or Uber stack :D Which enemy planes cannot intercept or stop!!!! :rofl:

Armageddon Hoi1 Style! :cool:

And theres a few more new 2008 CORE projects on the Horizon???

doc.gif

Anyone else who wants the Hoi1 CORE Nuke mod can get it from here...
http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showthread.php?t=8119
Dr Rares New Hoi1 CORE Nuclear Missiles TECH mod - The Stony Road Forum

Last edited:
Dr:
I have been waiting for this Nuke fix for a long time. I'm extremely happy that you've been able to enact it, but it might be awhile before I can actually see it work; nuclear sabotage has pushed back the nuclear bomb production fairly deep into the future. I'm playing the USA with the settings of Very Easy/ Furious. The Japanese have declared war on me, and it took almost ten years of inactivity before they swept the Pacific islands from Guam to Honolulu. Right now, I have huge forces built up to storm the islands and take Japan. i have resisted joining the Allies; I have decided to give technology to the Comintern to set up a future Cold War Goes Hot situation. The Soviets are counter attacking the invading Germans, and are rapidly eliminating Fascist gains.
To answer your question' yes indeed, units are infantry/marines are given the upgrade order once deployed,and disappear as normally, returning in due season to the production ledger; nothing strang there. Going by what you said' I assume that clicking upgrade once will do the trick......alas, my 55 year old mind will be challenged to remember exactly what's upgraded.........
Does this variant work for multiplayer over the Internet?......nint....hint?

Cool,i sat back as USA to test it also gaining every tech in the end except the Nuclear power station tech which was due for me in the 1970's :D

but i didnt help anyone and the fascists took over the world then the japs came for me all i had done was research techs i hadn't built an army(well it was just a test)but the japs took Hawai moved on panama and then landed in sanfransico and whupped my few troops.i was in shock after hours of lame test game watching i was going to lose USA before i had organised myself and got the final tech to load my nukes on missiles luckily i had a big stash of nukes which i hadnt used with planes:D :D I had to sacrifice San fran for USA japs had a big foothold so i nuked san fran!!Tactical nuclear warfare is what is known as!!!The Jap and the Germans had the whole of the rest of the world,i geared up and started pouring out troops and super high tech jets etc and nuclear subs and nuclear carriers and battleships ..hehhehe

and then i went on a huge Nuclear strike on all their uber stacks world wide!!!Mayhem

and then to my shock bloody japs had stratbombers and started bombing my IC and by the 50's the barstards dropped a Nippon Nuke on me :eek: I took my missiles to the Aleutian Islands and returned japan to the gravel age ,believe me there wasnt even stone left :rofl:

but i was very intrested to see the japs follow the real high command plans for panama etc!!! :cool:

If your playing as america you will see that all there missiles have proper missile names now for there class the USA ICBM is 'ATLAS' etc

I am glad to hear you were looking forward to this fix ,makes it all worth while although its small in size it was quite a lot of work to research and if you have seen the thread its all justified and proper :)

I knw nothing about multiplayer?but if you can play core in multiplayer then i think they fixed the mutliplayer using Moddir issue(CORE use Moddir like the TGW minimod )So if the person your playing has the same files as you it should work.but dont quote me on that someone told me it was so when isaid i cant play multiplayer with them because my files were modded and they said well just give me all the same files as you.But i dont play multiplayer it wouldn't suit me i play surrounded with history books and maps and forget i am playing sometimes:eek:

Oh the joy!

doc.gif

Bigh RI Joe said:
Yes indeed........You're a player after my own heart Doctor!
:rofl: the book and maps or mayhem?

Chuckle enjoy those ICBM nukes when you get them :D

doc.gif