Update 1.9 Husky Live - Checksum ab9e (Not for problem reports)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the update, Yugoslavia is guaranteed by Czechoslovakia and France from the start of the game, so Italy cannot attack it also if the world tension is under 25%, but i have seen that Poland is without guarantee at the start.
I think that this move is a little unbalanced against the Italy that have yet again a focus tree and an industrial and military situation poor and not properly lucky.
Yes, France quarantees Czechoslovakia,Yugos and Romania ... This kills a lot of openings... I don't like that... anyone else has this problem?

I would personally love it if the patch notes were presented in a way that made them a bit easier to read and understand. I know there's a huge list of changes, but even having them grouped together under different headlines woud help.

Now there is stuff like:
"- air superiority formula now linear instead of square with respect to planes. e.g plane amounts matter less
- Air superiority now scales from 0 to max penalty for enemy from the 50/50 state rather than giving the side with >1% advantage most of the benefit right away"

I have no idea what any of that means. Something has changed in air superiority, but what?

And then you have to read further down to see changes like " lowered base mil factory output by 10%" which sound quite significant, but are not that easy to spot.

Go Ahead,Macau My Day Achievement has bug ,can’t finish
I used the spy to put a collaboration goverment in macau. But when I help him unify China, he will sign the capital to Yan'an or Beijing. the achievement need capital in Macao, but he would move back by himself.
I've finished other achievements. I'm short of this one. Update it quickly!!!

Nice, so now my Ironman save is down the toilet because I clicked "Resume" on the launcher. Already got National Foci removed by the 1.9 conversion process, so I guess it's now too late to "remain on 1.8.2 for now".

Couldn't you at least have added a check that warns about this? I for one didn't even notice the game got patched until I saw my garbled national focus tree.

Is this seriously the workflow that Paradox expects their customers to apply:

1. Open forum
2. Check for new patch notes threads
3. Open new patch notes thread
4. Check whether thread warns about a savegame incompatibility
5. Start Game

Now, I have some news that might be entirely shocking for some. But there is a very small and very rare, let's say miniscule part of the gaming community that apply the following completely outrageous workflow instead:

1. Start Game
No sympathy from me I'm afraid. It's pretty obvious there'll have been an update since you'll have had a download complete on Steam. And any major update can be expected to be incompatible with previous versions - this is something that has always been the case with Paradox games.

Also, unless you have literally overwritten your old save it should still be possible to revert to 1.8.2 and play it, so you're literally complaining about nothing.

Last edited:
Patch notes are not documentation. I used to work in Tech Support, IT for a major telecom company. Is it WE who would have to read the patch notes, but for Tech Writers to give the End Users the readable and USEABLE documentation. I can't gain anything from what this released, and have reverted back to 1.8.2, not considering moving forward.....ever. So why do you put us in this position? This is consistent with Paradox (not just HOI devs), since it afflicts Stellaris as well. Thus, this is a management decision, clearly. We pay good money to buy your games. You can spend a little bit and write some documentation.

i agree fully with you. Paradox sometimes is arrogant and thinks the people will understand it. They have to put in some more efford

I would personally love it if the patch notes were presented in a way that made them a bit easier to read and understand. I know there's a huge list of changes, but even having them grouped together under different headlines woud help.

Now there is stuff like:
"- air superiority formula now linear instead of square with respect to planes. e.g plane amounts matter less
- Air superiority now scales from 0 to max penalty for enemy from the 50/50 state rather than giving the side with >1% advantage most of the benefit right away"

I have no idea what any of that means. Something has changed in air superiority, but what?

And then you have to read further down to see changes like " lowered base mil factory output by 10%" which sound quite significant, but are not that easy to spot.
... Guys, you do know there have been 25 other dev diaries covering the free and paid features for this update, right? I'm not really sure how you can complain about Paradox not making things easy enough to understand, given how they've already gone into enormous detail about what the changes are. It's not their fault you're all too lazy to read.
https://hoi4.paradoxwikis.com/Developer_diaries

... Guys, you do know there have been 25 other dev diaries covering the free and paid features for this update, right? I'm not really sure how you can complain about Paradox not making things easy enough to understand, given how they've already gone into enormous detail about what the changes are. It's not their fault you're all too lazy to read.
https://hoi4.paradoxwikis.com/Developer_diaries

Too right... Anyone with anyone patience would read the corresponding dev diary on THAT subject matter. I only did it myself earlier today trying to understand how the Spanish Civil war works. In fact there is an excellent stream on YouTube with Bratyn (guy would designed it).

Part of the fun is working out yourself... this is a strategy game after all. I got a kick out of learning the Intel lodger... I've not fully grasped the resistance system but when I fail I will surely learn.

Life is about failing... If your failing you are learning, don't be afraid to fail because it makes you better.

If people don't know about Dev diaries then maybe that could be included in the DLC or linked to it somehow.

EDIT: It's in the launcher!

Last edited:
No matter how many DLC's are made, core problems of HOI4 persists... I'm just looking forward for HOI5.

And btw I really hope people who made HOI4 and made HOI4 dlcs do not work on HOI5.

The true problem what Paradox plagues is on a semi strategic operational level. They might have a shining star like Johan. But as their portfolio has grown so large,
they have problems managing the product life cycle, PLC.

Therefore, they end up with a poor release management and kind of after sales service: releasing fragments.

I would recommend them to start doing this:

- Make HOI5
- Make EU5

When released make sure they are complete and well balanced, also the price may be higher, keep the price stable over time, which resembles quality.
Expansions should entail only cosmetic upgrades for your favorite nation etc. No more witholding game functions.

When they level all of their games to an equal play field, they can do give discounts and sell them as bundles, raking in a big revenue profit.

Also my concerns about Rome imperator, I hope the game is not getting f*cked up as they have a clear shot to level it to a great entry level game.
Stellaris i do not play that much anymore, but here it seems the fragmented release works a bit better, partly due to the more randomness kind of fantasy style of the setting.

Crusader Kings 2: I hold my heart on this one. I see some good things being done as eg. more micro about troop composition. Im sure they can bring the relation thing there to a new unprecedented level. But as far as warfare goes, also here needs to be a serious efford to make it EPIC! They must all do what they can to save this release, i said it before, a failure in this release wrecks their whole future non fantasy porfolio..

Look at big mouth sega, wo did same with TW3K, suddenly releasing fragment DLC, nothing is balanced anymore, things are a joke. Why they did not believe in a slightly higher opening price and a bigger second DLC with higher price, where people would swallow it as suddenly surrounding nations would be played and eg. colonisation of japan

BTW japan balance in HOI4 s*cks. They urgently need to do something to make sieges better and faster by enabling you to build dedicated siege units.
And balance the game! Balance balance, i now it's hard! But paradox has a big chance lying ahead for them, if they would just slightly think about it if they would put my criticism in USPs.

1.9.1 now out. closing

Status
Not open for further replies.