• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Apr 18, 2012
First of all, congratulations on a great game! I've loved playing it so far, and I'm sure it will keep entertaining me for many hours.

However, I have one major issue with the game, and that is the absence of unmanned systems. At present, their use are becoming more widespread, and there are even people who argue that the fifth generation fighters featured in this game will be the last ones to have crews on-board. Hence, in 20 years, it is very likely that unmanned systems will at least supplement manned platforms in performing a number of tasks like ISR (intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance), ASW and even strike and air superiority missions. The unmanned platforms of the future will:
- Operate independently, without requiring human intervention until they encounter enemy units. Human fatigue will no longer a significant factor, and will thus increase the battlefield endurance of these platforms.
- Be significantly cheaper and smaller than their manned counterparts, and thus more numerous, enabling them to significantly increase the capacities within the above mentioned tasks. The smaller size will also significantly reduce fuel consumption.
- Be expendable since the potential loss of a platform does not directly endanger lives.
In short, unmanned systems will be a major part of future naval capabilities and is necessary to include in any future games that wish to aspire to a certain realism.