• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Arcylis

Corporal
11 Badges
Nov 16, 2018
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
Hey friends! I know unit combinations have been discussed numerous times in various threads, but I was hoping we could compile them all in one place for easy access. I plan on testing them in the near future.

Things Id like to know are if its a late/mid/early game combination
Whether or not mods are optional or essential
A short description of why the unit combination is so good
NPC factions required for a given unit combination and/or mods

Im also hoping to get some cross race combinations listed for the early game. for example Dvar and Assembly seem like they might have something they can put together since they both use firearms, ect. And I feel a decently strong combination from two different races could take a lot of players by surprise in the early game.

Last edited:
I guess I can start it off. Ive heard that Syndicate Mirages + Enforcers are a good combo. anyone able to tell me whether this is an early or mid game combo, whether they need mods, and why its good?

Enforcer needs a stagger resistance mod, otherwise it is staggered and then it and all neighbors are bombed with AoE staggering attacks getting high damage and leaving no action points.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks Sandman! So we know we need a stagger resist mod for the enforcers. do you know any other details, like what makes this combination strong? And I was wondering the ration too? Like 3 mirages and 3 enforcers or 2 mirages and 4 enforcers ect.

I'll start with some that come to my mind right now, which is mostly shakarn promethean, that's the last combination i recently used. Also this is for singleplayer

1. Phoenix walker with themselves. No mod is already good, although mods that increase damage is always welcome, because the walker don't have abundant of options for offensive mods.

2. Phoenix walker with any units, or unit with mod that can cause hazard, or any unit with pryx absorb mod

3. Shakarn Tactician with any units with either long range abilities or area damage abilities or both. Tactician + Sonokarn or Tactician + Refractor is a good example, these
are good even without any mod as well

4. Shakarn Tactician + Phoenix Walker with Teleport mod (i think the mod's name is orbital recall system), better if the phoenix walker is a hero riding it, add sono-fin mod to that hero for even better combination. You have a hero which is literally a tactician with the combat capability of a phoenix walker. Pair the heroes with other phoenix walkers, or sonokarns or refractors or any combination of these for cataclysmic long range Area damage. Often your enemies doesn't even have a chance to even attack even once before they are obliterated. The only Mods needed are damage boosting mods, although for those sonokarns, the impaired mods, disintegrating laser and shield reducer laser mods are great. The only downside is this is for late game, unless you can get them faster and is lucky (by lucky i mean you find at least 2-4 cosmite mine near you). Can be paired with strategic ops incinerate strike for even more destructive effects.

I like a combinations of 2 sonokarns, 1 hero version phoenix walker with sono fin, 1 tactician, 1 aegis tank, 1 phoenix walker per army or stack. Just need 2 or 3 of this stacks or ideally 4 for any offensive or defensive goals. The walkers are for repelling close or melee combatants who manage to get close, if they can get close before getting obliterated by the two sonokarns, that's per army, because it's generally recommended to use 3 or 4 armies marching adjacent to each others, so, 6 or 8 sonokarns with those other units supporting them are massively overkill. Tacticians are mainly for refreshing the sonokarns and the walkers if enemy units manage to get close, or enemy units are very agile if attacked with ranged weapons, the walkers can jump in to melee them, refresh as needed, useful for defeating those voidbringer leviathans, before they use their call of terror area attack

5. Sonokarn + Aegis tank. Their shields stacks, giving you massive shield bonus and thermal resistance

6. Hero version phoenix walker, with secondary weapons that are sonic type, with impaired mods or other great sonic mods, like reverb one, pair these heroes with either tacticians or other hero like that, and you can rain area damage and area sonic debuffs. Press the advantage ability is the key here, beside the obvious area attack abilities. Tacticians can also equip orbital systems to allow them to teleport, cavitation module (reverb) is also decent to finish the reverb stacks

7. Amazon harrier with phoenix bomb launcher, regeneration mod, any damage mod, or two regeneration mods available to amazon also stacks. Pair it with themselves, this is probably one of my most favorite combinations. The only downside is they have massive cosmite cost. Fast, flying, have range 9 area damage, regeneration, they can defeat forces larger and more powerful than themselves if played correctly. The fast and flying also apply in strategic map, meaning you can raid enemy backline strategic positions then retreat if needed. Even better if happen to finds one or more landmarks that give boost to Heavy non elite units. Paired with amazon doctrines, you can have 70 to almost 90 HP units which can regenerate 20 HP per turn, about 2-5 shield and few armor if i remember correctly in addition to the facts above.

Last edited:
Wow thanks mbuh!!!

You took a lot of time to inform everyone about your strategies. I really appreciate it mate!!

Im a fan of phoenix walkers and the shakarn are growing on me too. Im going to have to try them out now lol.

Thanks again for the post! I look forward to hearing from you and other members of the community!

You're welcome. I want to learn new things too. I mainly play promethean amazon or shakarn, so i'm most familiar with them, other than those, i also played amazon voidtech, xenoplague, celestian, but less often so i'm less familiar with these. My experience with other combinations are just from battling them, so i figure that i'll learn new things here, so i guess i'll help making this thread more alive, probably more forum members will share their things too