• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

steve_grubowski

Recruit
21 Badges
Sep 9, 2017
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
I'm so disappointed I've spent 50 euro on a game with such poor load times between areas.

It doesn't seem to matter the size of the load area, it seems to take almost the exact same time regardless. It's clear it's loading a lot of the same assets that are already in memory - is there any caching done at all?

Defiance Bay alone is a nightmare to get through due to load screens...

It is true that actual load times on PS4 are way too long... :( Easily 20 to 30 seconds each time...
I play with my iPad next to me so that I can do something else while waiting for a save to load or a map to appear... The worst is in town where you wait each time you enter a building entrance or change area.
Any hope to have better load times soon through a patch?
I play on "standard" PS4 with game installed on hard drive.

The loading times are big and a lot of people are actually complaining, even on reviews. I really dislike the Unity engine on consoles... most of the times it has issues

I brought this up on the obsidian forums. Im regularly getting 45 second and up to a minute load times in each transition. Its ruined my enjoyment of the game. The further you get the longer the load times. Also the additional five seconds to autosave every time that I cant turn off. Please fix with a patch soon.

Stopped playing because of this, my loading times have tripled since back when 8 started. I only keep 3 files for each character, so it shouldn't be a space issue.