• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Inokah

Recruit
7 Badges
Aug 3, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Prison Architect
Edit: Forgot to say this was a problem for Android/Tablets for the topic title.

Hello, after i had purchased the game, it runs perfect during the first time, but when it starts up again, there is an hourglass that hangs endlessly, making it impossible to play. I had assumed this to be offline, but this always online thing with no servers running for login make it impossible to play, not to mention i click Guest to play, which is where the next time i run it makes it stuck infinitely on an hourglass.

I am currently using an ASUS Memopad 7, and i'm not sure if there is any technical support for this game. Is it dead to the point where it's no longer possible to play it anymore? Because if it is, i wasted my money. I enjoyed it back when i bought it on Steam that i had bought it for a trip a long while ago only to see this odd issue with the login requirements being forced to where it cannot be played anymore. If there was at least a way for it to run automatically to the main menu instead of a force login screen, i could continue to play. But however, nothing seemed to work, especially the airplane mode i discovered on google, as since everything i go through guest or login, nothing allows me to bypass the infinite hourglass problem.

Just to check - this really is KoPP+1 you are having this problem with? Not say KoPP2 or Knights and Dungeons?

Yes, it's Pen and Paper +1. When i click guest and either play or exit the game, and come back to it, after the Behold Studios logo goes away, theres an hourglass with the name of the game that stays like that endlessly, no way of loading a game or starting a new game. I can only play once and then i have to reinstall the game just to play again, which means a wipe of the entire save files. And with an inability to login, or anything, guest was all i could do. I had assumed it'd be offline just like the Steam one, but on Android it doesn't seem to like Android that well. That endless hourglass makes me wonder what is causing it and how i can make it go away without reinstalling constantly and having to can play the game in one sitting. I thought someone may've had this problem on the forums, but with no way of knowing, i had to make my own post from a computer.