• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bossninja

Recruit
8 Badges
Sep 4, 2020
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris
  • BATTLETECH
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
So my son received this game as a gift and I had never played it before. He bugged me for weeks to get into the game so that we could play together and when I finally did, I fell in love with the whole show. This is a masterpiece and I first want to thank the developers for the care taken in it's pursuit.

So I loaded up a practice world and took a deep dive into a vanguard campaign learning all the nuance of empire play and tactical combat. When I was satisfied that my 10 year old son wouldn't simply trounce me in the first game, we went about setting up a game. I setup the first game and made my way to his room to assist him to find that he was unable to connect. We tried several online solutions that night but to no avail.

When I returned to my desktop and departed my created game, I found that I was also no-longer able to enter the multiplayer lobby browser or host a new game myself. I've been researching this for about a week now and have setup port forwards in my router (according to xfinity) and even dropped my fire-wall to make sure it's not the problem. The only-thing I've not done yet on my end is put either of these computers in the router's DMZ.

Ultimately, I suspect that either xfinity port forwarding isn't working on my router, or my public IP address is being blacklisted by triumph servers (for suspicion). My son and I really want to conquer some worlds together, thanks for your careful consideration.

EDIT: I've included some screenshot that clearly identify the trouble we're having. Thanks again!

Attachments

• pOXby89gA0.png
    pOXby89gA0.png
    3,8 MB · Views: 0
  • BoicyMWNgB.png
    BoicyMWNgB.png
    956 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Solution
Hey Bossninja, thanks you for reaching out. It looks you've purchased the Microsoft Store/Gamepass Edition of the game, the launcher provided with that version needs to be manually updated on our side and is not indicative of any potential issues.

Seeing as you have a Xfinity Router I have to ask whether you've followed these steps for Xfinity users having issues with connecting to multiplayer games from this thread on the main page.
For users with a comcast/xfinity xfi router:
It is quite possible that the router started blocking the MP connection since the last update for it.
If you are using a Comcast/Xfinity xfi router you can download the xfi app, it will inform you that a threat is detected on your device. Just tell it to allow the connection as it's a false positive. Should you not get this notification, disable the advanced security and try to connect to the game. If it connects successfully exit the game, re-enable the advanced security and connect to the game again. Now it should pop-up as a threat that you can grant access. Please let us know if this was the issue you were having!

Reactions:
I had not disabled XFi "Advanced Security" because I didn't see anything that looked like a blocked service. Nevertheless, I guess they think I'm too dumb to micro-manage my own access because when I turn it (advanced security) off I can now load into the lobby browser. Thanks for the reply, it looks like we don't have to play on the xbox after all!

• 1Like
Reactions: