• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unoace1006

Second Lieutenant
9 Badges
Oct 19, 2023
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
A few ideas for these packs that are consistent with the existing functionality of the game, and which would be welcomed bit a significant number of players (myself included!)

1. Office Delights
    1. Introduces a new medium density office zone, allowing players to better blend transitions between low to high densities or build medium density cities to their liking!
  2. Commercial Wonderland
    1. Introduces a new medium density commercial type, allowing players to better blend transitions between low to high densities or build medium density cities to their liking!
  3. Mixed Everything
    1. Introduces 2 new zone types!
      1. Mixed Commercial/Office
      2. Mixed Office/Residential
  4. 21st Century Manufacturing
    1. bring your city to the modern age with industrial buildings that pollute less (no smoke stacks)!

What do you all think? What ideas do you have?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Those sound cool but as those are all new categories that's more for a DLC expansion set then a creator pack. As they would have to code new buildings into the game.

Something like:

Industrial revolution 1900s factory set
Factories resemble old brick turn of the century with thick smokestacks​
Japanese park set
Parks with Koi Ponds, Cherry Trees and Pagodas​
Old west set
Saloon, Bank, General Store, and 1850's style single homes​
Medieval set
Tavern, Blacksmith, Apothecary, town square (park)​
would be cool

OP; I like your ideas I just have one criticism which is that you don't really offer much in the way of specifics for these new medium zones. So here's mine, let me know what you think.... (Mind you I'm biased toward North American builds)

Suburban Township Pack - Effectively this would be comprised of buildings that give different towns (or neighborhoods as are designated by the game) a more independent feel. Offer multiple small to medium variants of police stations, fire stations, medical facilities, parks, schools, post offices, etc. NEW buildings would include town/city halls and courthouses. And finally; give us houses with actual driveways and yards. Driveways should be a new road (and PLEASE make them create an actual intersection with the roads unlike the current houses and parking lots). Paved, dirt, and gravel variants. And then place houses at the end of the driveways. I also think this would be a really nice touch to maintain uneven terrain with minimal modification.

Sports & Leisure Pack - I realize this has been done before, but good lord could it be done better. Let us customize team names, upload images for icons, select mascots, design uniforms, and offer a myriad of stadium customizations (seating colors, field colors, end zone designs (for American football), etc). Support college and pro level sports stadiums, fields, and arenas for all major sports. Hockey, basketball, baseball, soccer, football, tennis, etc. The much needed add; a sandbox style creator for golf courses. Offer up different building pieces and we can create endless amounts of unique courses.

Beach Life Pack - Again, let's amend what they've already tried. Beach houses are great but can we make them adapt to water fronts? To be fair, ocean front and lake/river front probably deserve different variants. But what this pack really does is gives us assets for creating actual beaches. Fences, shrubs and flora, beach bars & restaurants, lifeguard assets, jetties and a myriad of docks & piers. Things like marinas, surf shops, yacht clubs, and fishing shacks would spawn speed boats, larger yachts and catamarans, canoes, kayaks, paddleboards, jet ski's, etc which would give the waters they're on a bit more life.

• 1Like
Reactions: