• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would actually boycot if we had a Tyranny 2 at all being plotted out while this game is unfinished.

We at least need Bastard's Wound before we look at Tyranny 2. I don't think we should have the fight against Kyros be it's own game but instead a series of DLC campaigns like White March. Tyranny 2 can be about what happens after Tyranny (When Kyros is defeated or replaced, but probably everyone knows about it so the Empire is falling apart and you are either trying to keep it together (if you wanted to take Kyros' position) or help the world transition out of the age of Kyros' Empire.

The continent is huge, the whole of Tyranny takes place in one small part of it. I suspect some expansions and another game would only be enough to get started on the campaign to get on even footing with the Overlord.

Because I am kinf of lazy, I just copy my statement over from the steam forums, where a similar disucssion took place with a little bit of editing.

I would love to see more of Terratus. Tyranny is in my opinion one of the best written games as of late, lore-wise and narrative wise. I cannot express enough how brilliant the conquest idea was. The player character had a firmly established place in the world, giving the player a pretty solid idea what was expected of you.

Tyranny and especially the tiers, the related mythology and their inhabitants felt more thoughtfull overall, more fleshed out. In short: Terratus is a believable place, it´s plausible and I could imagine someone living there. In comparison with PoE I never had that moment.

With Pillars, I felt lost at times. Don´t get me wrong , I really like PoE, backed it and never felt regret about it. I backed PoE 2 as well and looking forward to it´s release.

That beeing said, it took alot more suspension of disbelieve for me to accept certain things hapening during it´s plot. Talking about suspension of disbelieve may sound strange in a fantasy setting, but the story had moments where I scratched my chin an thought " Well, that happened ". Never felt that way about Terratus.

I have an embarrassing 200 + hours played on Tyranny and this number will most likely grow a bit more in the days to come.

I'd really prefer they just continue working on this Tyranny...

Stellaris 2.0 made some huge changes and I was surprised that people were receptive and accetping of them.
Why should Tyranny not follow the same?

-update whole game and;
-add a 'Chapter' (essentially Tyranny 2 but as a DLC)

People were not at all universally receptive and accepting of Stellaris's 2.0 changes, and in fact I flipped a lot of my reviews to negative. I haven't even purchased the Apocalypse DLC, nor do I intend to.

Sequels should be released as sequels. They should not be papered over the original game.

People were not at all universally receptive and accepting of Stellaris's 2.0 changes, and in fact I flipped a lot of my reviews to negative. I haven't even purchased the Apocalypse DLC, nor do I intend to.

Sequels should be released as sequels. They should not be papered over the original game.
I agree. They should fix BW (its situation in unacceptable) and plan for a sequel
But the sales aren' great so...who knows

I think it's obvious Tyranny needed more time in the oven but Paradox doesn't spend too much money on games, it's just part of their philosophy. You can't do that with a new IP CRPG though, it will show in the final result.

I doubt it will get a sequel. Who cares though, we are living in a new golden age of CRPGs.

I think it's obvious Tyranny needed more time in the oven but Paradox doesn't spend too much money on games, it's just part of their philosophy. You can't do that with a new IP CRPG though, it will show in the final result.

I doubt it will get a sequel. Who cares though, we are living in a new golden age of CRPGs.

With the Planescape spiritual successor ending exceedingly subpar and the Fallout franchise completely transformed into something different, I disagree.