• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

si1foo

Corporal
45 Badges
May 15, 2016
  • Dungeonland
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Starvoid
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sengoku
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Impire
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Magicka 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • The Showdown Effect
okay so getting to the end of the game i can safely say where the fuck is the rest this felt awesome and fun BUT the end is more like a mid point before the continuation happens

you basically conquer the tiers make them yours with the overlooming threat of Kyros coming to kick your ass stopping because of her seeing you as a equal ?? it feels so much like the calm before the the storm like waiting for the second pin to drop you get given a story of what happens to your companions but that only tells you what has happened or will happen to them in the peace times before the conflict continues as there is no way that kyros wouldn't renew the fighting

the final act where kyros makes the archons fight each other that took me maybe 4 hours if that to deal with because i out lored graven ashe and tunon making them my bitches and i killed shadow and secret

the thing i truely didn't get about this game is why there is only 6 companions you guys tried real hard to make them each unique and i give you credit they are all unique BUT why couldn't i for example make tunon a companion when i could make sirin one there both archons

really this game needs more companions like i would feel 8 would be a good number i can totally understand why you would not want to increase the party size as well non of the archons stood a chance againist me in the final fight

Upvote 0
To each their own, but I don't feel more companions are necessary. My self, I'd rather there were only three companions so I wouldn't feel like i was missing out leaving some of them back at base. If the time spent building six companions was instead funneled into adding fleshed out companion quests for only three I would much prefer that.

Reactions:
Wouldn't mind more companions either. One thing I thought they were going to do is have characters with their own agenda. In the end they follow the FB no matter what he/she does.
Either they ran out of time to implement that properly or they were worried the game would eventually become incompatible if companions left.
Dragon age inquistion didn't do a whole lot right, but they did get companions right where companions had a mind of their own and would leave if they didn't agree.

Reactions:
Honestly, I'd much prefer to have an "enhanced edition" where they rework the game to have less railroading and actual agency, before they do a Tyranny 2.

Don't call it an Enhanced Edition. I just want the game, finished. Enhanced Edition implies to me that it's the definite edition, but I don't want them to add a single DLC or even talk about expansions or sequels until the base game is actually finished.

To each their own, but I don't feel more companions are necessary. My self, I'd rather there were only three companions so I wouldn't feel like i was missing out leaving some of them back at base. If the time spent building six companions was instead funneled into adding fleshed out companion quests for only three I would much prefer that.

I know what you mean! Actually Tyranny was the first game that didn't annoy me in that way, because I only liked (from my chars perspective) 3 companions. :D I didn't even get that Eb was a potential companion and executed her. So it fit perfectly.

But I agree on the other part, I really would love to see a sequel!

The game has a perfect open ending (it's called "nuclear stalemate" for a treacherous Fatebinder and "buying time to refocus the Empire" for a loyal one).

I'd love to have the opportunity to bring Ashe's and Nerat's heads to the Overlord and ask for a new assignment (being a ruler of a "mountainous shithole" isn't my dream job) or to help the companions to overcome their adversities (such as Sirin's headgear), but I accept, if the only thing ahead are patches.

Last edited: