• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Corwyn001

Private
Aug 21, 2022
I just downloaded the game from Steam yesterday. When I brought it up if filled my left hand monitor with the Full Screen version. I opened the Support screen and changed it to Windowed so I could move it to my preferred right hand screen. It would not fill the entire screen, but just enough that the game would be playable. This morning when I opened the game to start playing it opened up across both screens and completely off the bottom of both screens. I could not get to the Support tab to change the video to Windowed again and the only options I had for resizing were to return it to the task bar as an icon, or close the game altogether. At this point the game is not playable. How can I fix this? Thanks.

C

Settings --> Video
About left-center is a drop-down called "Display", where you can set the screen you want the game to run on

Settings --> Video
About left-center is a drop-down called "Display", where you can set the screen you want the game to run on
Right, I know that, except because that part of the screen that has the settings button is off the screen I can't get to it. I can't move the screen up any farther than the top of both screen and monitor.

For further clarification here is what my two monitors look like The bit on the left with the black border is the left hand monitor. The one on the right I have put a red square around the application resizing buttons showing the only options are Quit, and Reduce to task bar. On the left I have the game screen at the top of the monitor and on both screens I cannot get to the bottom of the game screen.

Two_Monitor_problem.png

You might want to post this in the Bug reports section - someone there may be able to help

EDIT : After some searching in the bug section I found this info that might help
Hold the ALT key down and run BattleTech.exe manually, you'll get a config screen where you can set Windowed mode and resolution, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Another idea, if you have an AMD graphics card, you can check if you have "AMD Eyefinity" turned on (you'll have to run the Radeon Software for that), which turns multiple screens into a single one.
Had this happen to me on accident once and it drove me up the wall until I figured that one out.

You might want to post this in the Bug reports section - someone there may be able to help

EDIT : After some searching in the bug section I found this info that might help
Hold the ALT key down and run BattleTech.exe manually, you'll get a config screen where you can set Windowed mode and resolution, etc.
Thanks. Holding Alt and clicking the EXE only brings up properties, however, clicked the EXE and then quickly holding Alt worked and I was able to go in and change which monitor and resolution the game starts up on. It's working nicely now. Thank you.

Reactions: