• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(55370)

Recruit
Apr 1, 2006
When playing the tutorials there are a couple of places where the tutorial does not proceed after performing the act the tutorial is asking for. This really breaks the tutorial in a few signfiicant places.

For the resource tutorial, after you have created your convoy and it asks you to click on the "Trade on Market" button, you click on the button and nothing happens. There doesn't seem to be another way to proceed, you have to surrender without completing the tutorial.

In the military management tutorial after you merge your armies, you are asked to click on a division to get information on a unit, you do, and the tutorial does not proceed. You must again surrender to escape.

There seems to also be many ideas missing. Is there a FAQ that is dowloadable that can be read as you play? The FAQ in the forums are jumbled up and not easy to follow. Having a single file, or at the very least a downloadable set a files with an index would be very helpful in getting the game basics under your belt.

Play the tutorials before applying the patch.

The game mechanics have changed due to more features being added.
So it is not a bug. So there will be no patch to fix it.

Yes uninstall, then a fresh install play the tutorials, then apply latest patch.

I don't think there is much chance of new tutorials being written for a 3 year old game, especially one that already has a sequal.
Not being a smart ass about it, just saying if you think about it, it is not very likely to happen.

It's an old post, but I wnted to note for potential future readers (after all, I began to play HoI only now, despite it being an old game, I probably won't be the last) :

In you bought directly the version 1.06c (instead of using an older version and then patch it), the tutorial is indeed broken, and there's seemingly nothing to do about it.

I think, by the way, that this is an issue, because despite the game being an old one, Paradox still sells it, and it sells it with a unusable tutorial.

Sorry to bring up this old topic again but . . .
laurent said:
I think, by the way, that this is an issue, because despite the game being an old one, Paradox still sells it, and it sells it with a unusable tutorial.
You know what the most likely fix for this is don't you? A patch that removes the tutorial. Problem solved.