• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am having trouble getting the game started. I copy the files in the mod into the main HoI 2 directory, start the game and when I press 'Single Player' this message pops up:

"--- ERROR : (ScenarioInfo : Unexpected field) 'democracy_war = o' Line = 19 file = Scenarios\save games\autosave.eug ---"​

I haven't got a clue in how to fix it. Any ideas?

Rekjavik said:
I am having trouble getting the game started. I copy the files in the mod into the main HoI 2 directory, start the game and when I press 'Single Player' this message pops up:

"--- ERROR : (ScenarioInfo : Unexpected field) 'democracy_war = o' Line = 19 file = Scenarios\save games\autosave.eug ---"​

I haven't got a clue in how to fix it. Any ideas?

OK, so what version of HOI are you using? The mod is designed for HOI DD 1.3a.

It seems like something has been corrupted in the save file or in the game files themselves. I would suggest installing a clean copy of HOI and then using JSGME to activate the mod - the utility will also let you take snapshot of the game installation as clean too.

Let me know how you get on ...

I know you've been working on this, but is the version your link leads to the most up to date?

Last edited:
Still Around

Well I am glad too see someone picked up the pieces to this mod and actually put out a working mod. Too bad it never got the proper showing, well what can you do when you are only 1 man...anyways kudos on the effort.

Can you modify other scenarios to function as with Worldwar events? Like can we modify the 1936 and 39 scenarios to have the Lizard invasions?

When I click on the link in your signature it has two different things to download should I download them both or just one?

I liked this mod. There were only three big problems; the first was that there was no history tag for the Race, the second was that I had to return all of my Soviet territory (I was pretty close to getting a bitter peace with them) and that it was a little laggy for some reason. Still altogether a great mod!

Guys, do someone knows were can I get the worldwar series of Harry Turtledove for free in internet? I tried a lot but well, here in brazil we do not have any of them and I don't wanna pay 7,00 bucks to download it... Can somebody help me?:( I loved the idea and I wanna read them... please

This seems to have been abandoned I'm going to play around with this. I've already doubled the lizard manpower, edited the "Defend the Fatherland" event (4 1936 and 4 1918 inf rather than 4 1936 inf and 8 militia), and have written a desegregate the US military event.

This is my first try at editing events, but I've always wanted to learn and I thought this would be a good challenge. Hopefully I'll be able to get this to work.

Other events I'd like to do are as follows. I plan on adding an event for midterm US elections, and seeing if I can get that "Dora" chain of events to work. An event to speed the introduction of British and German jets would also be good. A landing in Australia would also be good, as would an invasion of Britain but I doubt I'll get good enough for the later.

I won't have much time to work, but hopefully I can get all this done over summer.

Does this event look like it will work?

#########################################################################
# 'Desegregate the US Military'
########################################################################
event = {
id = 300111
random = no
country = USA

trigger = { atwar = U00 day = 15 NOT = 16 } }

name = "Desegregate the Military!"
desc = “The lizards press us at every turn, we must raise integrated units!”
style = 0

date = { day = 0 month = january year = 1936 }
offset = 4
deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1953 }

action_a = {
name = "Raise Intergrated Units"

command = { type = manpowerpool value = 200 }

command = { type = dissent value = 3 }

}
}

Last edited:
Hi All.

I was hoping to get back to this mod, but it is fair to say, it is dead again.

There are things that cannot be done in HOI2 which I was hoping to resolve in other ways. Lets see what HOI3 has to offer ...

If anyone does do any updates to this mod, I would appreciate receiving an update. Even if I cannot work on it myself, the very least I can do is maintain a definitive version of it. I shall make sure it is posted on the download site.

And I will always be able to answer any questions about the current mod and its problems etc ... Just PM me, I don't look in this thread very often!

I have looked everywhere for the downloadable version of this mod and have been unable to find it. I looked through this thread but I don't see any links, just a note saying check my sig but there is no sig.

Can someone help me? I really want to kick some Lizard ass!

Hurrah!

Here it is:

http://www.savefile.com/projects/808506444

Here are some brief instructions.

The files will extract to a directory called TDWW which can be used in a mod-dir, or can be copied into an installation of Doomsday.

I recommend that you take a backup of your Doomsday directory, before any changes are applied.
It was here, but the link is dead now. And since you made your post a good six months ago, you're probably not looking for it either. It's a shame though, it looked like a great mod.

I know everyone hates it when a dead thread is posted to, but I've done due diligence; I'm fairly certain that this mod is not available for download anywhere.

Could someone who has a recent version of it post it? if you can't find a place to do so, PM me, I have server space.