• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Luke F

Recruit
28 Badges
Aug 11, 2016
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Surviving Mars
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Title pretty much says it all.
Doing a run with Bulgaria, went fascist, did the fate of the Balkans, successfully got Greece, Yugoslavia, Romania, and Turkey into the alliance via decisions and subjugated them via decisions. I also got Italy in once they 'befriended Bulgaria' and Hungary was puppeted via war after they went fascist.

Now it's 1942, I'm using the puppet management system to annex my puppets and suddenly Italy starts justifying against Yugoslavia - which I thought they couldn't do because both were faction members. Low and behold Italy wasn't in my faction anymore (I received no notification about this) and had joined the "Convent of the Mediterranean" which I then discovered was a faction led by the Turkish Empire, which is my puppet. Having yet to play Turkey I can only assume it took a focus which forced it to form it's own faction (thereby leaving any faction it is already in) and forcing Italy into said faction.

I'll update this post after I change Turkey's status towards annexation to see if that fixes things, and hey maybe I can now get Italy via war for free as they won't be friends with any serious powers, but this does seem like an oversight in the prerequisites for Turkey to take whatever focus allowed them to leave their masters faction and form their own with another member of their master's faction while remaining a puppet state.

Edit 1: Suggested fix - add a condition to the focus that checks to see if turkey is a puppet and disable the focus if it is.
Edit 2: Italy did declare war on Bulgaria's puppet Yugoslavia and I destroyed them quickly by already having garrisoned Italy with Military Access - Turkey showed as available to call into the war for both sides, the button seemingly allowing me to call them in on Italy's side too, but when clicked the button did nothing. This "bug" is a neat exploit to get Italy as a puppet for Bulgaria.
Edit 3: Can puppets get puppets? Germany caved to Hungary and now Slovakia has left the Axis and is a puppet of Hungary (Hungary is my - Bulgaria's - puppet).
Edit 4: Reducing the autonomy of Turkey from "Reichsprotektorate" down to "Reichskommisarart" did not bring them back into my faction.
Edit 5: Annexing Turkey seems to have ended the faction, as anticipated, they do however still have a couple of divisions I had levied from them still with their flag and manpower, which at this point I assume is related to their funky faction.

Last edited: