• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lyrch75

First Lieutenant
26 Badges
Apr 21, 2018
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Deus Vult
AS the title says.

If I remove the "BLACKLISTED", lower the rarity, and change the purchasable from false to true, will the program grab these mechs for an opfor mission. Or are there other things needing to be changed?

I actually have a few follow up questions to this and not just for the SLDF mechs.

What are the indicators that stop ANY mech from spawning?

is it just the "BLACKLISTED"?

It's clear that they wont appear in the store without "purchasable: true", but will the appear in the store if that's true and blacklisted is still indicated?

Finally, how does rarity work? does the OPFOR look for a class of mechs, then grab one based on all the mechs that are not blacklisted creating a 'deck' that get randomly selected for each 'slot' in the OPFOR? What is the scale for rarity? is it 1-5 and 5 is 20% as likely as 1 (linear scale)? or is it an exponential scale?

I think rarity is a relative thing for the class of mechs. I noticed that all the light mechs have rairities of 0,1 or 2. Assaults are all 4's and fives. I think the program looks at the dynamic lance def file, finds which mechs have the right tags (like medium, jump_ok) and then uses the rarity to somehow set up probabilities to pick. I am interested in how this really works.

I just logged in looking for this as well. I'm nearing the end of my second game and was thinking of adding these to the OpFor to represent the fact it's been a few In game years.

Justin Kase is the one to ask, but without editing the MetaDataDatabase file, changing blacklisted and rarity seems to do nothing in my early experimentation a few weeks back.

you guys need to edit the database file. Just removing blacklist from jsons is not enough, the database file take priority so if blacklisted is still a tag for the SLDF mechs in the database then they are still blacklisted by the game regardless of what you did to the json file.

Open up the metadatadatabase.db file in the MDD folder, go to unitdef table, note the UUID's for the mechs you want to make available, go to the TagSetTag table now and filter by the UUID and remove the blacklist tag for the mechs you want to make available for OpFor. then write changes, then you are good to go.