• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Just Noy

Recruit
Feb 13, 2023
Hi,

Here is my problem. I'm to play ck3 online and i cant connect to paradox in game.
i'm connected and all the stuff in the laucher,
i verifed my files on steam,
restarted the game 3 times whit administator control,
unlink my account on the launcher and reconnected my acc.

Nothing seems to work,
the problem really seems to be ingame because all goes well until i'm in game and paradox just cant find the way to connect (as you can see on those screenshot)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    3,1 MB · Views: 0
  • image1.png
    image1.png
    681,5 KB · Views: 0
We have three possible workarounds that may solve it:

Disable IPv6
- Close CK3
- Go to Control Panel > View Network status and tasks > Change adapter settings (left side)
- Find your Hamachi Connection and Disable it
- Find your Internet connection adapter (for me, it was WiFi)
- Right click your internet adapter and select properties
- Scroll down to find "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and uncheck the box
- Select Ok
- Start up CK3 and should work.

Disable all other network adapters
Go to Windows Control panel.
Click on Network & Internet.
Click on View Network Status.
Quick Tip: You can also quickly access these settings by right-clicking the network icon in the taskbar and selecting the Network & Internet settings option.
Click on Change adapter options.
Right-click all network adapters that are not connected to the internet and select the Disable option.

Use a VPN
- Obtain a VPN
- Set the country to the US (why this works is also an enigma ><)
- Start the game
- Sign in and see if it "sticks"

Good luck!
'

I have the exact same issue here that suddenly appeared last week. On the eve, we were playing with friends and we had no issue.s And the next day, there is this impossibility to connect to Paradox account (and therefore play online) when inside the game (Paradox account is well connected in CK3 launcher; and multiplayer in other Paradox games as Stellaris work).
And when you connect inside CK3, it empties and keep logging the "connected" as shown up in th ecapture of Just Noy.
No VPN used, nothing weird changed, even with Windows firewall disabled it still happens...only for CK3. I tried uninstall/install several times too, with or without Steam cloud.

Finally, after a week of problems, I am seeing this IPV6 solution, I tried it and it seems to work. Thanks for the solution but please investigate this issue and why it suddenly appears for some players. It is especially werird that only CK3, and no other Paradow games, faces this.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have the exact same issue here that suddenly appeared last week. On the eve, we were playing with friends and we had no issue.s And the next day, there is this impossibility to connect to Paradox account (and therefore play online) when inside the game (Paradox account is well connected in CK3 launcher; and multiplayer in other Paradox games as Stellaris work).
And when you connect inside CK3, it empties and keep logging the "connected" as shown up in th ecapture of Just Noy.
No VPN used, nothing weird changed, even with Windows firewall disabled it still happens...only for CK3. I tried uninstall/install several times too, with or without Steam cloud.

Finally, after a week of problems, I am seeing this IPV6 solution, I tried it and it seems to work. Thanks for the solution but please investigate this issue and why it suddenly appears for some players. It is especially werird that only CK3, and no other Paradow games, faces this.
Hi. Exactly the same here. The ipv6 trick seems to work.