• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

antrachton

Colonel
13 Badges
Oct 9, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
So here is my take on tribes.
This mod will introduce new stuff in the following areas:

• governments (and conversions)
  • ideas
  • heritage (possibly, only planned)
  • subject types
  • laws
  • governor policies
  • offices (once i get my head around this one)
  • character interactions (it would be useful to have a lot more of it, just to have some internal feuds)
  • defines and modifiers, opinions, script values and prices files - changes there too

What I would like to ask for is to have your ideas on what to add - and possibly the values if you have something specific on your mind, and if you know what modifiers specificly (cos i may have a different idea to yours :)).
Also, if i leave a group of bare modifiers, it's mostly because I am looking for an idea how to name it. Renaming some others after your suggestions also considered :) (and very much likely)

Governments​

(unfinished)

Besides new types of government, all of them will now depend on law choosen (or more often a combination of a few of them) - making it a few stage process where one needs to balance their stability too.

CONVERSIONS​

NAME POTENTIAL ALLOW EFFECT AI FACTOR CAN TRANSFORM INTO
Warring Tribe
  • Chiefdom
  • Tribal Kingdom
  • Clan Houses
  • Despotic Tribe
- civilization value in the capital < 55
- stability >= 20
  • large political influence
  • stability effect removed
1​
  • Despotic Tribe
  • Clan Houses
  • Tribal Confederacy
  • Chiefdom
  • Tribal Kingdom
  • Stratocratic Monarchy
Tribal City State
  • Chiefdom
  • Tribal Kingdom
  • Despotic Tribe
  • Tribal Democracy (AI only)

AND:
    - number of territorities = 1
- centralization > -10
  • large political influence
  • stability effect removed
1​
  • tribal merchant cities (possibly as an event)

GOVERNMENT TYPES​

NAMEIDEASBASEbase valueBONUSbonus valueHSV COLOUR
Warring Tribe
  • oratory - 1
  • military - 2
  • levy size
+22%​
  • enslavement
  • army maintenance
  • navy maintenance

+14.00%
-35.70%
-30.50%
Tribal City State
  • oratory – 2
  • civic – 2
  • military – 2
  • country civilization value
  • levy size
  • +28%
  • global defensive
  • diplomatic relations
  • monthly wage
  • army maintenance
  • navy maintenance
  • land mercenary maintenance
  • build time
  • trade routes
  • commerce income
  • political influence modifier
  • city found cost
  • moving tribesmen cost
  • moving freemen cost
  • moving slaves cost
  • war score cost
  • aggressive expansion

+34%
+5
-2.50%
-32%
-29%
-25%
+18%
+4
+14%
+22%
-85%
211500%
211500%
211500%

Tribal City State preventing colonization is an easy task here but I'm struggling to find the way of stopping you from conquering provinces - there will always be at least one that you'll be able to take home, no matter how high aggressive expansion or war score are; also Imperator Rome still has a bug that allows you carry on with your latest laws, governments even if you don't meet requirements anymore

Last edited:

General - defines and modifiers​

This mod start year is 35 AVC or 719 BCE (January, 1st).
Starting it any earlier brings problems with characters age - that seems to be firstly 5000 for some and they are still around, and possibly the old problem that used to be before Marius Patch (2.0), where characters' age varied on each load of the game (as in they were 35yo when game loaded, you didn't save any changes, came out and started from the same date - and the same character was either younger or older).

Timescale - almost 10 000 years - why not .

Other changes...

Last edited:
Nice to see someone caring about tribal part of the game :)

I'm not the most creative person, so I have no flavour ideas, sorry.

However I would like to point once more to what is IMO the key problem with tribes currently - colonization and especially migration. Both can be easily exploited, if you just have unowned land nearby...or in case of migration, just go were it is. The possible rapid expansions relies in both case on doing repetitive steps to exploit the gamey rules. Migration is the bigger one (culprit here: The moment you raise your pops as migratory LI their culture/religion is erased and if you settle down you get the pops perfectly assimilated and converted back), but Colonization comes close (here the trick is constantly moving the same Tribesmen/Slaves of your culture/religion into a freshly colonized territory to circumvent the cooldown),
I'm aware that both concepts need to have some teeth for tribes to allow a distinctly differnt gameplay, but currently it is simply to effective and the gameplay around it isn't particularly interesting.

Reactions:
Colonization and migration addressed through various laws and policies :) So will be applied nation wide and locally :)
Rapid expansion will be easier but at a cost so not to allow to last it (in theory, as AI is not that intelligent but that may give some more interesting results too).
I'm not dealing with migration as in moving your country completely elsewhere, rather pops migration and territory attraction :) and colonization does not erase your culture or religion luckily. I'd say I have not imagined migratory peoples much different (or any different) to what Paradox has done.
I agree, there is not much interesting things going on with tribes... hopefully that can be slightly changed ;)