Trial of Allegiance Available NOW!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chakerathe

Sergeant
Community Ambassador
52 Badges
Jul 19, 2020
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Empire of Sin
  • Empire of Sin - Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
Generals!

Trial of Allegiance is now Live, and with it comes the fury of Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay!

With it comes bug fixes, balance changes and even more content in the free "Bolivar" update

1920x1080_AvailableNOW.png
Either click the above image to purchase Trial of Allegiance, or click here!

For Version Rollback, see this post.

For known issues regarding "Bolivar", click here.

Join The Discord_ToA.png

• 11Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Just opened a game as Brazil and I can confirm, Minervino is just like the previous picture you guys sent! But most importantly, Minas Gerais DOES have neglected state trait.
1709828349387.png

Attachments

• 1709828338968.png
    1709828338968.png
    2,4 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Reactions:
Just opened a game as Brazil and I can confirm, Minervino is just like the previous picture you guys sent! But most importantly, Minas Gerais DOES have neglected state trait.View attachment 1090421
Is this like a mouseover highlight effect perhaps? Once you get him into power does it still look wrong?
For reference this is what they look like to me:
1709830824257.png

As for if its 100% accurate or not... very tricky to say with no reference picture of enough quality but we went with a fairly high contrast look a bit to match the ones we had access to

Reactions:
How come Uruguay and Paraguay (as well as Iceland) don't have their flags on the main menu screen?

Any plans in the future to arrange the flags by continent/historical faction?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Is this like a mouseover highlight effect perhaps? Once you get him into power does it still look wrong?
For reference this is what they look like to me:
View attachment 1090451
As for if its 100% accurate or not... very tricky to say with no reference picture of enough quality but we went with a fairly high contrast look a bit to match the ones we had access to

Im no artist, but this feels like a closer in terms of skin tone. 20 minutes of photoshop and here we are:

portrait_BRA_minervino_de_oliveira.png

Reactions:
Im no artist, but this feels like a closer in terms of skin tone. 20 minutes of photoshop and here we are:

View attachment 1090464
Not to derail this thread, but do you actually have some source to back this up? We used an average of some current mixed race famous people and at this point it kinda becomes an argument of opinions without sources that wont lead anywhere good.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Not to derail this thread, but do you actually have some source to back this up? We used an average of some current mixed race famous people and at this point it kinda becomes an argument of opinions without sources that wont lead anywhere good.
Other than the fact that I'm literally born in the same demographics, country and culture as him? Of course not. Color photography wasn't a thing at this time, so its impossible to come up with "a source to back this up".

Edit: I noticed that my message must have sounded a bit coarse, which was not intended. Nonetheless, I appreciate that discussions around this topic can be a bit difficult to navigate around. As a suggestion for future similar cases, reach out to communities or the minorities that the character represents and get some feedback about this. Above accuracy, this is a representation matter after all.

Reactions:
Other than the fact that I'm literally born in the same demographics, country and culture as him? Of course not. Color photography wasn't a thing at this time, so its impossible to come up with "a source to back this up".

Edit: I noticed that my message must have sounded a bit coarse, which was not intended. Nonetheless, I appreciate that discussions around this topic can be a bit difficult to navigate around. As a suggestion for future similar cases, reach out to communities or the minorities that the character represents and get some feedback about this. Above accuracy, this is a representation matter after all.
yeah dont worry about it :) We've run it by some local brazilians as well since we had issues. its a tough one and looking at even pictures of the same guys can get you tons of different results depending on what lighting you are trying to match and its annoying its not possible to guarantee accuracy on stuff to me personally

Reactions:
yeah dont worry about it :) We've run it by some local brazilians as well since we had issues. its a tough one and looking at even pictures of the same guys can get you tons of different results depending on what lighting you are trying to match and its annoying its not possible to guarantee accuracy on stuff to me personally
While we're at it, just curious if you guys took into account the fact that B&W pictures in Brazil at this time are known to have been manipulated to make black personalities to appear more white. I think this is relevant, since if you're kind of trying to match similar tones to other known people where this wasn't a problem, you're likely to get it wrong as your B&W source has been altered in the first place.

Reactions:
While we're at it, just curious if you guys took into account the fact that B&W pictures in Brazil at this time are known to have been manipulated to make black personalities to appear more white. I think this is relevant, since if you're kind of trying to match similar tones to other known people where this wasn't a problem, you're likely to get it wrong as your B&W source has been altered in the first place.
I guess we kind found out closer to release :D. Portrait research this time has definitly been the hardest we have done (or maybe because we have more portraits than normal too)

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's so annoying that as a neutral or imperial government you can't send volunteers.
This can be done very quickly even in the generic focus trees.

This should be present in every focus tree. And that doesn't even involve a lot of work.
And changing this option in the game settings is not a solution either.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello,
the game got updated on Steam and now I cannot load any of my savegames. After a whole day hard working and I just wanted to continue my campaign with USSR and game doesn't want to load my savegames. What a show.
Help me please.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Honestly, I'm disappointed.
Almost 10 years of waiting for the Brazil DLC, and when it came...
Where can I start? 70 day focus? No reinvigoration in the chiefs of staff? Arthur da Costa e Silva not Arthur da Costa é Silva, because it is an adverb accompanied by his name, so it seems that he is a silva and not that he also belongs to the silva
Another thing, the political trees seem generic, they do not have uniqueness like the trees in Bulgaria, Turkey, Norway, even the Chinese warlords have more uniqueness than the Brazilian political tree. The Imperial Focus is practically screaming for help. Are you sure you didn't have even the slightest amount of time while you were making the DLC content to research a little about the monarchy movement? It is a complex movement, which has some ramifications but we can select two for simplicity, one integralist and one patrianovist. There is no place for absolutist thought within the Brazilian monarchical spectrum, there is no UNION OF BRAZIL AND PORTUGAL WITHIN BRAZILIAN MONARCHICAL THOUGHT. The movement itself is much more democratic and nationally restored than aggressive with an expansionist policy. And another, don't even get me started on the democratic tree, which is pathetic. It's okay at first for you to divide between federalism and centralization, but it doesn't make any damn sense to separate the liberals and the conservatives, and what else is there an oligarchic tree? This clearly could have been added as an addition to democracies in view of the fact that oligarchies were still strong and present, they simply did not disappear with Vargas' coup in 30. And another, no mark of the "civil war" of 32? nothing, nothing about the constitutionalist revolution? Cangaço can only be resolved with a bullet? Couldn't you add something like Manchuko's integration policies? all this without me even commenting on the "shared trees". Honestly, I am extremely disappointed and expected something with at least the dedication that the Battle of the Bosphorus had.
And honestly, it wasn't due to a lack of warning from the Brazilian community regarding Focus when you published the entire tree.

Reactions:
Hello,
the game got updated on Steam and now I cannot load any of my savegames. After a whole day hard working and I just wanted to continue my campaign with USSR and game doesn't want to load my savegames. What a show.
Help me please.
You should be able to roll back to 1.13.7, if you're on Steam.
1709841693843.png

Whether any mods you're running will still work with 1.13.7 after being updated (especially map mods!) is an open question.

Last edited:
Reactions:
First Nations of Canada name changes to "Provinces of Canada" when you return Newfoundland to them. Actually a fair few of the tags created by the mapuche decisions seem to "forget" what they are if something about them changes. If the releases Guinas changes ideology it just turns into a normal unified Guiana instead of the indigenist one. This seems like an error since the United States of Native America for instance has all the ideologies covered.

Edit: Checked and Guiana and Canada also have their amerindian cosmetic changes broken when you select the "de-imperialize" option on startup.

Edit 2: Oh, and Rapa Nui isn't part of the Polynesian Empire if you select for it to exist at the start date. Don't know if that's intentional.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Reactions: