• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Murray J M

Recruit
8 Badges
May 25, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
Finishing Tutorial and have a question before I start new game. I have had zero requests for trade so far. In past games many requests were generated but in this game literally zero. I checked trade tab and it looks like they are allowed (have capital surplus checked to not generate if affects capitol surplus). I am doing imports as normal the way I always have but no requests by other nations.

Is there something new to this version that has changed and/or something I need to do to generate requests from other countries?

Looked at threads and saw one that was similar but without any answer as to why or how to fix (or if that is now normal)?

Thxs in advance

have you got surplus goods to trade? (goods not greyed out in the province window). If you do, and there are countries around you that have free trade routes to import them, you should receive an offer, eventually.

Maybe, with the new algorithm to automate trade routes by governors, they have slowed down trade.

1614093021958.png

Another thing you can test is which nations are more inclined to make trade with you, and specially, which nations do not want to trade with you and for what reasons.

If you create an import trade route and select a trade good for import, you will see on the map all the provinces in the world that have a surplus on that good. Mouse over to see the positive and the negative for trading that surplus with you. Maybe you discover something is going on.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I do have surplus goods and I am importing a variety to the capitol. Thxs. will try the mouse over.
It will be great if in the future we can have a map showing all nations with free trade import routes and a way to interact with them to sell our products there.

Moreover, a way to snatch some established trades from our rivals!

• 1Like
Reactions: