• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Searry

Field Marshal
32 Badges
Jun 25, 2006
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka 2
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
With several games as Rome, Angtigonids, Ptolemies and Seleucids i've noticed that the game is a bit too easy, revolts never succeed, everyone is loyal to the end, you win the war if you have more manpower etc. I'd like to see revolts which shake nations, the only succesful one i've seen yet is the satrap of Asia revolting from Lysimachus' kingdom. It is historical you know, after Seleucus and his son died the Empire started to fall apart with every satrap being greedy and too ambitious. Maybe we could have random event's which MTTH's would be based on the governors traits and the RR of the area. The event's would of course drop loyalty or increase RR even more, or even give independence to an area with a bad governor and high RR simulating the non-existant government control of the area.

This is more a problem with EU:Rome than just with Epigoni.

With several games as Rome, Angtigonids, Ptolemies and Seleucids i've noticed that the game is a bit too easy, revolts never succeed, everyone is loyal to the end, you win the war if you have more manpower etc. I'd like to see revolts which shake nations, the only succesful one i've seen yet is the satrap of Asia revolting from Lysimachus' kingdom. It is historical you know, after Seleucus and his son died the Empire started to fall apart with every satrap being greedy and too ambitious. Maybe we could have random event's which MTTH's would be based on the governors traits and the RR of the area. The event's would of course drop loyalty or increase RR even more, or even give independence to an area with a bad governor and high RR simulating the non-existant government control of the area.

Unfortunately I dont think I can influence the regional revolts by modding. If it can be done can someone let me know? I have often seen Sardinia-Corsica revolt successfully.

CIVIL WARS: I have seen a few decent civil wars in the Seluecid Empire but never anything devastating. This is something I want to look at as I think it can be modded via the civil war events. There are several tiers of civil wars depending on the number of provinces a nation has. I might either modify the intensity or make some more independent civil war events that happen more rarely but are more devastating.
Events could be designed to trigger a Seleucid-Parthian when the Seleucids are in a civil war, or even the breakaway of Bactria.

SUPERPOWER RELATIONS: I have been working on a few opening game events between the "superpowers" which will reduce their relations. Later I might extend them where they happen throughout the game and in some cases trigger a war. There are currently a series events simulating the 2nd Punic War. Other areas could be the 1st Punc War and the Syrian Wars over Coele-Syria. I see this is the biggest problem in the game,ie , the superpowers are not fighting enough or being dragged into wars against each other. I guess the new patch and the alliance war spam issue will have some effect on this.

STATIC ALLIANCES: I am also looking at a static alliance of some of the greek minors based on the historic Amphictyonic League.

All of this takes time and may not operate at a satisfactory level, so it may not happen for a while, if at all.

EDIT: You should also find the manpower levels for the superpowers are significantly lower than vanilla.

Syria managed to secede in my game, due to a mix of endless wars and an illoyal governor.
And every time the Seleucs declare war on them, I (Rome) at some point get involved in the conflict due to the cascading alliances - and I get to be the leader (!)

Obviously Syria still exists due to this :)