Tomes of Magic - Info Compilation

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
From what I know that was more of a mythological thing. And something people who didn't like the cult of Dionysus like to accuse his followers of.

A more benign version of revelries would include things like a magical bard unit that can bewitch opponents and such.

Oh...that kind of Skald. And I was wondering in what way that unit was supposed to be Scalded.
But even here...did the Vikings really celebrate by killing each other?
Lots of warrior cultures celebrated after killing people.

Reactions:
Yes after.
Doesn't even have to be a particularly violent culture for that.

My question was whether they celebrated by massacring each other because that's what "Revels of Carnage" sounds like for me.
Or its them celebrating the spoils they won through bloodshed, that's certainty what the
"carnival of flesh" growth building seems to imply.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Something I'd been wondering about that the stream cleared up is it seems we can stack minor transformations.
I hear that is a bug.
No, minor transformations can be stacked, the visuals will just override if they aren't compatible. You can only have one MAJOR transformation.
Wightborn and Angel are both Major Transformations, so it is definitely a bug that the Angel Hero that Jordi raised kept his wings.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Tomes with unknown tier
Chaos: Tome of Chaos Gate
Was reading the info on the tomes and would like to point the only tier of chaos tomes that lacks books is the IV so i think Tome of Chaos Gate and other tome goes there. Not confirmed but only tier with missing tomes.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Do we know what Seed of <Affinity>, Root of <Affinity> and Heart of <Affinity> from tier 3-5 tomes mean? They are neither improvements nor hero skills, icons near them are wrong for that. And what would happen if you first take tier 3 tome from not your main affinity, and only second tome from it? Like, for example, if I take Tome of Subjugation for unicorn riding Tyrant Knights before tier 3 Nature tome in otherwise Nature-oriented game, what would happen? Would I not get Seed of Nature with nature tome and be unable to progress further with Nature tome tree, or I would safely have two Seeds, of Nature and Order, whatever these Seeds mean?

Last edited:
Do we know what Seed of <Affinity>, Root of <Affinity> and Heart of <Affinity> from tier 3-5 tomes mean? They are neither improvements nor hero skills, icons near them are wrong for that. And what would happen if you first take tier 3 tome from not your main affinity, and only second tome from it? Like, for example, if I take Tome of Subjugation for unicorn riding Tyrant Knights before tier 3 Nature tome in otherwise Nature-oriented game, what would happen? Would I not get Seed of Nature with nature tome and be unable to progress further with Nature tome tree, or I would safely have two Seeds, of Nature and Order, whatever these Seeds mean?
One of the showcase reviewers/press mentioned that the seed, root, heart allows you to build magic structures to trigger the magical victory. We've seen such structures in the Dwarf stream, for example. My guess is that you'll need 3 parts of the same affinity, so for a magic victory you'd need to go deep in a specific affinity route. If they allow you to win with parts of any affinities I'd be gladly surprised.

In practice, as these parts are behind tomes which get some time to research, the magical victory would be the research victory in typical 4X games.

Reactions:
Did we see them build the special province improvements in the streams? If so I might have missed that. So you can build each special province improvement from tomes in every city once over an existing corresponding one (quarry, farm, forester... those you get for free from a new pop)?
Do we know how much they cost to construct?

Did we see them build the special province improvements in the streams? If so I might have missed that. So you can build each special province improvement from tomes in every city once over an existing corresponding one (quarry, farm, forester... those you get for free from a new pop)?
Do we know how much they cost to construct?
58m40s there is discussion about wildlife sanctuary coming from Tome of Beasts
IMG_20230403_131904.jpg

Reactions:
there is discussion about wildlife sanctuary coming from Tome of Beasts
Thx I guess 250 prod is quite hefty at the beginning but I guess that makes the Master Builders society trait more useful. For others it might make more sense building the early tier other buildings first especially if boosted.

Thx I guess 250 prod is quite hefty at the beginning but I guess that makes the Master Builders society trait more useful. For others it might make more sense building the early tier other buildings first especially if boosted.

It depends probably. For example the central quarry can be built on a non-quarry province, provides 10 additional production over a normal quarry (+15) and another +5 per adjacent quarry.
That can easily be a massive early production boost, eespecially if you hurry production with gold from a battle reward.

Reactions: