• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheCheeseMaster

Pluribus Minecraft
85 Badges
Mar 3, 2010
pluribus.org.uk
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Cities in Motion
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • For the Motherland
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
I dont understand why I would ever want to become a republic and lose my rights to change parties whenever I want or risk losing my rights to build factories etc. Could someone please explain this to me?

There is no real advantage to move from a Monarchy to a democracy, really. I know american democracies get an immigration bonus though (i don't know if they get a bonus because they are a democracy or if its because of their voting political reforms).

Yep, like Liborio said, unless you're in the Americas (i.e. Brazil or maybe Cuba/Canada/Quebec releasables) it's better to stay a monarchy for sure. Everywhere but Brazil and hypothetical released states are democracies (or dictatorships) from the start in the America's anyways, so it's kind of a non-issue. Sometimes the flag changes are really cool, though, so it can be fun from time to time to ditch monarchy and go for all the chaos that democracy has to offer!

If you have an absolute monarchy, it just increases all revolt risks for all by increasing militancy, especially if your population liberal so there is the only draw back.

The developers of Vicky 2 knew what they were talking about ;)
Yes, there is not any real advantage to a Republic, or to a Pres. Dict. as you can only have Reactionary parties (a good thing, IRL, in my mind, but no good in Vicky).

Republic, Democracy have big advantage, people don't run away from you in 10k stacks per month, and when you have 100-200+ milions pops in your empire, they dont spam you with 500 brigades rebelies.

Just stay as a Monarchy. Its a pain to play as democracies.

I am really confused by my inability to get immigration as an African Democracy tbh, it strikes me as a bit of an oversight when opportunties are so high in my current Oranje game (all the diamons ever and loads of land).